Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What year is your VF with injectors issue?

What year is your VF with injectors issue?

• Total voters

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
All VFs were included on the poll in order to answer this question.
I think a point may be the injector failure problem started with VE, in the 2013 L77.
In other words it is unclear whether the issue is VF only. It is clear that it affects later L77 and LS3.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I think a point may be the injector failure problem started with VE, in the 2013 L77.
In other words it is unclear whether the issue is VF only. It is clear that it affects later L77 and LS3.
Were the VE and L77 having injectors premature failures as well around 50k km mark?

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Were the VE and L77 having injectors premature failures as well around 50k km mark?
That is a good question, not VE that I have heard, no.
It started in 2013 according to @Wayne001.
Seems is not just a bad batch, appears a manufacturing or design fault as there were few if any reports prior to the revised (0280158274) injectors fitted to the first of the VF V8.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
That is a good question, not VE that I have heard, no.
It started in 2013 according to @Wayne001.
Seems is not just a bad batch, appears a manufacturing or design fault as there were few if any reports prior to the revised (0280158274) injectors fitted to the first of the VF V8.
Interesting.

I have an impression that there are lots of failures on injectors 8 and 6 . Maybe that area is a bit hotter and the injectors are not coping with heat.
I also noticed people started having issues around summer time. Of course all that is just my impressions.

Just data can help answering questions but sometimes is hard to open a thread with the aim of collecting data. It’s nearly impossible to avoid going side ways on the topic, which results in very interesting discussions but make it harder to filter the information the thread was created for. So I think polls could be a solution for this issue.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I have a 2013 L77 and have had no injector problems. I use E85 in it. Just last night it clicked over 66,666 kM!