Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What year is your VF with injectors issue?

What year is your VF with injectors issue?

• Total voters

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Unlikely to be the same issue. The injector issue is a hard circuit fault and not intermittent. If an injector fails it will log an injector open circuit DTC.
The issue with the injectors cause intermittent misfires

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
The issue with the injectors cause intermittent misfires

An injector failure will cause a misfire but the issue with the injectors will cause a circuit fault DTC to set (as the failure results in an open circuit injector).

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Check the injectors impedance to confirm if there is an issue. Two misfires is too few events to say there is an issue.

I'll get a multimeter on them tonight

I have development a rougher idle
o2 readout are not as consistent
stft always negative greater than 10%
something is up

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
found the problem
Holden put my maf on backwards after service yesterday.....
fuk me dead

guess it was causing all the issues

all injectors at 14ohms

Billyt69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Sportswagon 6.2L
My 2nd injector has failed. now looking at replacing all. 2015 VF2 SSV LS3 the first went last year at about 39000kms, now at 47000kms.

Walter W. Wolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II
I bought my SS V Redline in January 2017 so built late 2016. The car has done just under 37K km. Last Saturday engine light came on, service ESP and traction control light on. We scanned it at home and got back a code P0301. We swap the coil and lead from cylinder 1 to cylinder 3 and the same code came up.
Took it to the dealer this morning and they replaced all 8 injectors under warranty. They confirmed that it was cylinder 1 that had a faulty injector.
Also I have a mate that owns exactly same car that he bought about 3 months before I purchased mine. The only difference is, his is a manual. He had this issue twice already. I am assuming that the first time they replaced only one injector and second time (last week) they changed all of them. The service manager told me that Holden will be replacing all 8 injectors now if this issue comes up.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
My SSV Redline built and purchased in January 2017 had an injector fail early May. Number 4 injector along with two other high ohm reading injectors had an issue. All injectors were replaced but with same part numbers so the issue could come back. 33k Klms auto sedan. The car was so smooth when I got it back but now starting to idle rough again. I also had very high idle before injectors went.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I am not that fond of putting the same injector back in. Anyone got thoughts on Deatschwerks injectors for $699? Twice the price of OEM from the U.S. and probably half the price of Holden.

Dhaamin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet lumina ss v8
Replaced 2 on my 2009 model so far. one at about 90000km n the other at 105000km.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
2016 LS3 and number 4 failed at around 60k km. Stealer replaced all 8 under warranty.