Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Almost ready to bite the bullet and purchase a vxr, waiting till the end of the year run outs .. in Australia there are so many untouched 2018 plated vxrs on car sales advertised at $63000, realistically, would I be waisting my time trying to get one down to $40000? Or should I just settle for a 2017 model which seems getable at that price ? Does anyone have any experience here with end of year price drops ?

Wait for a 2018, get a 'demo' registered after July 2018 to get the 5-year warranty. Wait for the xmas-NYE break and have 'cash' ready to roll. Set your price, make the offer to every dealer that has one (let them know you're talking to other dealers) and you should get the deal you're looking for...

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
.. in Australia there are so many untouched 2018 plated vxrs on car sales advertised at $63000, realistically, would I be waisting my time trying to get one down to $40000?

I got a 2018 VXR for less than NZ$50k back in June. The power is in your hands, make them an offer and if they refuse, head down the road, if there are as many of them floating around as you say the dealers will be getting desperate to unload them.

Last edited:

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Really ? That is super encouraging
There is a silver VXR on car sales for 39k in Vic or 41k drive away. This has 12k on the clock and has the 5 year warranty . You could offer 36k and see what they say. Even at 39k it's a good deal for a low Km VXR and metallic paint.

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II - Black Edition
realistically, would I be wasting my time trying to get one down to $40000?

I recently got a 2018 VXR for $43500 drive away. I tried negotiating with several dealers to get the price lower but they would not budge - the one I got has 5000k on the dial. The margin is low when you get to this price. Definitely worth it even at this price - if they lower the VXR to around $40K then it will leave the other variants in serious trouble as they just won't sell.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Posters in other forums saying the v6 models will no longer be sold once existing stock gone. Not a fact just posts.
For me I m waiting till 2020 to buy an RS 4 cyl at 18k.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
We must remember that car yards pay rates and other council fees on the land their cars sit on. They also pay electricity, wages and have funds tied up in stock. Accountants take these costs and apportion them to each of their cars. So it costs the dealer each and every day a vehicle is on their lot or out the back.

The longer a car sits, the more the car owes the dealer. But the irony is that it’s worth less to the buyers (as it’s getting older). That’s why they have EOFY and EOY sales, to get rid of this old depreciating stock. This is especially so for the run of the mill older overstocked models.

Add some consumer fear about whether a vehicle is going to be orphaned soon and that makes them look like leper’s at the pool. Come next year and you’d be able to name your price for an Opeldore.

As an example, the 2016 Insignia VXR had a circa $55k Drive away price but the last of them (they weren’t advertised well and didn’t sell well) we’re sold in late 2017 for $28 DA... at that price a great buy if you liked the car. Oddly second hand prices are around that same level (which turned out great for those that waited).

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Yes I think the VXR will plateau at just under 30k. I thinj the Holden dealers don't want to hold on to a loss making car.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Posters in other forums saying the v6 models will no longer be sold once existing stock gone. Not a fact just posts.
For me I m waiting till 2020 to buy an RS 4 cyl at 18k.
An LT sold recently for $18,500 so it can't be too far off...

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
Pick up my new VXR on Saturday... Got a good deal $48K Drive away. April 2019 build... Sad to buy to the VF SSV but a happy 5 years!