Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless CarPlay / android auto

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
when I get a new message or WhatsApp mine displays a notification on the screen and starts reading it straight away that is a setting which is enabled in the CarPlay setting if you want that.

I have also received an update from the manufacture today the link is only valid for 7 days.

[/URL]
Thanks for the link. I have my phone audio disabled in the apple car play module already as per manual in the downloaded file.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
interesting thing with that firmware package...
they are using ubifs to pack it which means you can unpack and repack it allowing for modifications, improvements and custom firmware.

rootfs.img is the target file for fun.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
interesting thing with that firmware package...
they are using ubifs to pack it which means you can unpack and repack it allowing for modifications, improvements and custom firmware.

rootfs.img is the target file for fun.
That is good to know would be good to have it modified to support showing the volume and the external temp which is missing but I have no experience in this.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Lucky I have HUD as it displays the temp on my windscreen.

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
when I get a new message or WhatsApp mine displays a notification on the screen and starts reading it straight away that is a setting which is enabled in the CarPlay setting if you want that.

I have also received an update from the manufacture today the link is only valid for 7 days.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]
do you know whats changed in this update?

I have downloaded the files but won't let me unzip/extract the Holden_ks_auto_dsp file

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
while having a morning coffee i decided to poke around that firmware some more to find the actual manufacturer of it and from what i can find they call it a "ksmart box" or more specifically the model is "Ksmart_DSP" and the variant used in the holden is the "Box-C211"

some other interesting points
Code:
FactoryPassword=8818

Code:
wpa_passphrase=88888888

this appears to be the manufacturer of the box so if the ebay guy vanishes you should be able to get continued support from them.

they also sell it on their site for $319 in what i am guessing is USD.

this is their aliexpress listing for the same thing $561 AU free postage

something else they offer, it says it can be used with the carplay module, so by the look of it if you wanted 360 reverse cam you can add it.

this is their aliexpress listing for the same thing $346 AU + 23 postage

Last edited:

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
while having a morning coffee i decided to poke around that firmware some more to find the actual manufacturer of it and from what i can find they call it a "ksmart box" or more specifically the model is "Ksmart_DSP" and the variant used in the holden is the "Box-C211"

some other interesting points
Code:
FactoryPassword=8818

Code:
wpa_passphrase=88888888

this appears to be the manufacturer of the box so if the ebay guy vanishes you should be able to get continued support from them.

[/URL]

they also sell it on their site for $319 in what i am guessing is USD.

this is their aliexpress listing for the same thing $561 AU free postage

[/URL]

something else they offer, it says it can be used with the carplay module, so by the look of it if you wanted 360 reverse cam you can add it.

[/URL]

this is their aliexpress listing for the same thing $346 AU + 23 postage

[/URL]
Thanks for all the info @stooge.

Is there any modification you can see or think would be good to make or change in the firmware?

They supply the factory password so you can enable features and yes you are right about the manufacture that who I contacted directly to get the update from.