Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The headunit was still blaupunct. The Bose logo was the selling feature of the more upspec. When you look down you're listening to Bose speakers. It was on the speaker grills too.

The amp is hard to see. You have to remove the side trim in the boot to get to it. It’s mounted high up on the wheel arch.

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
The headunit was still blaupunct. The Bose logo was the selling feature of the more upspec. When you look down you're listening to Bose speakers. It was on the speaker grills too.

The amp is hard to see. You have to remove the side trim in the boot to get to it. It’s mounted high up on the wheel arch.
My speaker grill doesn't say that.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Then removing the door trims to access the speakers is the only other way. The speakers will have Bose on them.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just found that the blaupunkt headunits were made in Germany by Bose.

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
Then removing the door trims to access the speakers is the only other way. The speakers will have Bose on them.
Will I have to take out the speakers too? Also does every bose model have an AMP can I just not try to find that again?

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
They will have an amp but not all amps are Bose. Our Calais has an amp but no Bose speakers or Bose amp.

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
They will have an amp but not all amps are Bose. Our Calais has an amp but no Bose speakers or Bose amp.
Alright I’ll check weather I have a Bose amp first. Where can I find the amp? Like where exactly in the battery compartment

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Disconnect the centre dash speaker for a start. You will be surprised what a difference just doing that makes. You need a plastic trim tool, you start near the windscreen and lever that end up first. Youtube says you can pull it up with your fingers, good luck. Use the trim tool set to work out which one works best, as ICR. Just be warned try levering the side closest to you first and you will break clips.

thScythe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Caprice
Disconnect the centre dash speaker for a start. You will be surprised what a difference just doing that makes. You need a plastic trim tool, you start near the windscreen and lever that end up first. Youtube says you can pull it up with your fingers, good luck. Use the trim tool set to work out which one works best, as ICR. Just be warned try levering the side closest to you first and you will break clips.
Let me try that and see the difference. What if I replace the speaker for a better one or do you think I should just disconnect it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just disconnect it, you don't need it. It provides shocking treble. GM should never have fitted it.