Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need advice urgently

Soruy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
If it still runs like a hairy goat, and you suspect contaminated fuel, try one of those companies that 'rescue' drivers who fill their diesel fuelled cars with petrol. They seem to be able to drain the tank with a suction hose .......... I think.

https://www.wrongfuelrescue.com.au/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-9Kqm9zm_AIVDjUrCh1_NA9wEAAYAyAAEgKk0vD_BwE
i’ve tried calling places local to get the reply “we don’t do vfs sorry” there’s wasn’t any dirt or anything other than liquid in it but i suspect possible water or something and the fact it’s getting better tells me i’m right somewhere either with the fuel additives or the draining all together

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I would have thought you could tell if water was in the fuel? I think you might have a diesel and petrol mix.

Soruy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
I would have thought you could tell if water was in the fuel? I think you might have a diesel and petrol mix.
it’s possible but the colour was straight dehydrated pee yellow and i remember the day before the incident i put 95 in could’ve just not been paying attention i tried the pump behind the rear driver wheel and got majority of it out but the last 1/4 was too stubborn tried for about a hour with no success and even tried the one in the engine bay still no success

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
it’s possible but the colour was straight dehydrated pee yellow and i remember the day before the incident i put 95 in could’ve just not been paying attention i tried the pump behind the rear driver wheel and got majority of it out but the last 1/4 was too stubborn tried for about a hour with no success and even tried the one in the engine bay still no success
Petrol I buy is dead clear. I suspect diesel mix even more now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
i’m not 100% sure but i think unleaded is white - yellow and diesel is white - greeny
Maybe the case on the mainland. Over here I fill cans at least fortnightly and it's clear as water.

Soruy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
Maybe the case on the mainland. Over here I fill cans at least fortnightly and it's clear as water.
i just quickly looked it up and it says

“The current colour range specification for Regular Unleaded (ULP, 91 RON) and E10 grades is Pale Yellow to Yellow, and the current colour specification for Premium Unleaded grades (95 RON and 98 RON) is Yellow”
so it must be an area thing

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I solely use 98 and it's definitely clear. People have claimed on here that basically all petrol comes out the same drum and it's the same petrol we get here as on the mainland. I have said otherwise because different brands perform better than others but people don't believe me.

Soruy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
I solely use 98 and it's definitely clear. People have claimed on here that basically all petrol comes out the same drum and it's the same petrol we get here as on the mainland. I have said otherwise because different brands perform better than others but people don't believe me.
yeah i never knew that to be honest but it would make sense to be different depending where you are