Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need advice urgently

Soruy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
hey, i own a 2014 Vf sv6 and i’m having some troubles, monday 23rd out of nowhere at a traffic light as my car went idle the whole car started shaking and both sounding and performing weird so i pulled over waited 11 hours to get towed (for free atleast) and had a half wit look at the car with the bonnet open and just said “maybe this or that” without actually looking at anything, i’ve hooked up a code reader and it’s come up with p0300 multiple engine misfire it’s not exactly drivable and i haven’t driven it since but i need to do something about it, i’m wondering if i should just go to a mechanic shop and hope for the best that i don’t get ripped off or idk, i really don’t know my options here,

the things i’ve been told that may be the issue are the coil packs, spark plugs, fuel related issues or the timing chain, all of which to be honest i wouldn’t have a clue

what do you think i should do

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Contaminated fuel?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd be inclined to take it to a Holden stealer as it will likely need diagnostic equipment that an average garage may not have.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
what would be the cause and resolution for that?
Have you bought fuel at United? They are the worst for bad fuel. It would come on pretty quick if you have bad petrol you won't get 4km down the road before it would play up.
If it is contaminated fuel you will really need a tax invoice from the place of purchase and lodge a claim through your insurance Co. It's a pretty big job to remove the tank and dump the old fuel. Without a tax invoice you may struggle to have your claim approved and accepted by the petrol Co.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Plenty of flooding of late. Water getting into fuel storage tanks?

Wasn’t it Ford that suggested a bottle of metho in a tank every now and then will help evaporate water from fuel? It was a long time ago. That would only be relative to minor amounts.

Soruy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
I'd be inclined to take it to a Holden stealer as it will likely need diagnostic equipment that an average garage may not
Have you bought fuel at United? They are the worst for bad fuel. It would come on pretty quick if you have bad petrol you won't get 4km down the road before it would play up.
If it is contaminated fuel you will really need a tax invoice from the place of purchase and lodge a claim through your insurance Co. It's a pretty big job to remove the tank and dump the old fuel. Without a tax invoice you may struggle to have your claim approved and accepted by the petrol Co.
i’ve always gone to coles express for the linkt deals usually unleaded but the day before i put 1/4-1/2 of 95 in

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
if you are mechanically minded then drain the tank if fuel is the suspected issue but if you are not mechanically minded then honestly take it to a proper mechanic.
explain the day before you filled it up and it just started having issues.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Coles Express throws big red flags for me … recommend an experienced mechanic have a look. In Sydney so have no Mexican recommendations.