Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF calais

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I’m pretty sure that referring to all Gen-3 & Gen-4 engines as “LS” started as a dumbness in the US, people not telling the difference & wanting bragging-rights because the LS1, LS2 and LS3 were initially released as the highest performance versions. And dumbness is contagious, so it’s now everywhere. Like pronouncing the letter h as haitch.
Not sure it's anything to do with 'dumbness' but common parlance - what else would you call them? They are just named after the original engine (LS1)
Saying Gen 3/Gen 4 GM v8 is too much a mouthful.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’m pretty sure that referring to all Gen-3 & Gen-4 engines as “LS” started as a dumbness in the US, people not telling the difference & wanting bragging-rights because the LS1, LS2 and LS3 were initially released as the highest performance versions. And dumbness is contagious, so it’s now everywhere. Like pronouncing the letter h as haitch.
Didn’t Holden slap a Gen3 badge on the side of one of their VT? commodores down under? If so isn’t that also a case of local marketing that ain’t too dissimilar to that US dumbness contagion :p

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Not sure it's anything to do with 'dumbness' but common parlance - what else would you call them?
Main thing is that I wouldn’t call one of those 5.3L light-commercial engines the same thing as an LS9 …

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
There will be other differences such as trim options,
Yes, a lot of the MY17 VF2 Calais don't have that awful cream trim on the dash and door trims and cream seat stripes!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yes, a lot of the MY17 VF2 Calais don't have that awful cream trim on the dash and door trims and cream seat stripes!
“Titanium”!! :D

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Only Calais V didn't have the cream trim. Calais did.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Only Calais V didn't have the cream trim. Calais did.
I have the Cream trim in my Calais
not really keen on the color it gets dirty very easy
has anyone ever stained it black because I`m thinking about it