Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 vy new headunit not working? (Jvc media player double din)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Did you get the plug and play harness to fit that model unit to your car? Do you have steering wheel controls? what model is this jvc unit, sounds to me your better off getting a installer to do.

Irvings

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Holden Commodore Aclaim Wagon
Not planning on putting a steering wheel control as it is way too dear. But im pretty sure it should still at least power up everything is connected whete theyre suppose to.. bit tricky because universally you'd assume red (positive)
Black (negative) are negative and positive, but turns out its the yellow that is the positive and black is still negative but red is accessories. But even then it still doesnt work.. tried bypassing all the wires and went straight to battery.. STILL DOESNT WORK. So i think it is better off getting a proper installer. Thank you though, everyone that's in this thread thank you so much.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Not planning on putting a steering wheel control as it is way too dear. But im pretty sure it should still at least power up everything is connected whete theyre suppose to.. bit tricky because universally you'd assume red (positive)
Black (negative) are negative and positive, but turns out its the yellow that is the positive and black is still negative but red is accessories. But even then it still doesnt work.. tried bypassing all the wires and went straight to battery.. STILL DOESNT WORK. So i think it is better off getting a proper installer. Thank you though, everyone that's in this thread thank you so much.
Not what I meant by steering wheel remotes so I assume it hasn't so that's makes it easy, yellow is constant power, red ignition and you must hook up both earths from the factory plug. If its not working straight off the battery by putting red and yellow together and earth then I say if the back has a fuse then its blown or the unit is faulty, if you gave the model of the unit we could help.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Screenshot (26).png
follow this

Last edited:

Irvings

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not what I meant by steering wheel remotes so I assume it hasn't so that's makes it easy, yellow is constant power, red ignition and you must hook up both earths from the factory plug. If its not working straight off the battery by putting red and yellow together and earth then I say if the back has a fuse then its blown or the unit is faulty, if you gave the model of the unit we could help.
The head unit model is jvc kw-r930bt

Irvings

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you have the steering wheel controls, they can be connected to the head unit.:rolleyes:
But first you have to get the unit working.:eek:
But i dont want the steering controls.. i just want the unit to start working so i can play my own music

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
But i dont want the steering controls.. i just want the unit to start working so i can play my own music
If you haven't got it going by now, l don't think you will.
I think you have bought a dud. Take it back & exchange it.
Good luck with the next unit.:)

Irvings

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so the whole story goes like this

Got a head unit from fb at first.. same as the one that i have now jvc (kw-930bt)
Fell in love with how it is (in youtube)

Bought it and was so excited to install it, and so i did and it didnt work.. so i thpught the seller on fb scammed me.. bought a new one same model and installed it expecting it'd work this time.. got my hopes up and fucked me up in the end. I would return it.. but not until ive tried every posibility of fixing it hey haha

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The head unit model is jvc kw-r930bt
Ok now I can see where things are, first have you tried the reset button on the face? second make sure your speakers are connected properly, can I ask how you wired it, did you buy the vy harness plug and play or cut the wires on factory plug?

Check the 10amp fuse on the back of head unit.
Follow this with the wires above in the correct order and it will work,
I think your issue would be your speaker wires if connected wrong the unit will not power up to protect the system, this is why I need to know how you wired it, best way is with the aftermarket plug to fit your factory harness and then it should tell you the colours they hook up too, most cases they should match the new stereo harness, it pays to go over everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    215.4 KB · Views: 174