Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6l80 conversion to early commodore

Merv Murray

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM CAPRICE 6.0 A6
I'm interested in this for my VR Statesman 5.0, as I have a spare 6l80e & the 5.0 has a turbohydramatic bolt pattern, will just have to find a torque converter that will connect to the 2

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Not anymore. He spat it....
I linked to his thread in post #8 but sadly he's deleted the contents of his posts.
IIRC, there was some colabaration with CWG and it's was a pity it ended the way it did.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I linked to his thread in post #8 but sadly he's deleted the contents of his posts.
IIRC, there was some colabaration with CWG and it's was a pity it ended the way it did.
I've done it again haven't I.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
6l80e will bolt up minus middle bolt in bellhousing...you're on your own with flexplate/convertor....brace in tunnel supposedly hits top of trans or that might just be vb-l early girls.

Malex have something to convert them to slip yoke or attachment...never looked into that enough to care lol

Controlling it all probably Haltech be easiest to way to make 6l80e work with 304..

Two other ways but sound like too much work tbh.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Controlling it all probably Haltech be easiest to way to make 6l80e work with 304..

Two other ways but sound like too much work tbh.
Flashing the memcal to manual and using one of the controllers from the states would be faaaar cheaper and save on tuning, only need some slight loom changes. Would be way cheaper than even the Platinum sport plugin.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Only said Haltech as they're 30mins away & had good experiences with them.

Heard of some people many years ago fit Ls pcm to 304 really dislike it for number of hours & hassle involved.

Shiftcontroller never seen one or had firsthand experience but reckon flexplate/convertor would make it pain in butt.

That said do like idea of complete l98/6l80e conversion into early girls just not fan mix n matching parts different era cars