Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cammed 2005 VZ SS, Yellow sticker.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That is here say, not fact.
You will have the correct permit to move the vehicle.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Auto 4 speed 5.7L Gen III LS1
ill go get that stock exhaust manifold and cat thing n chuck it on see what its like

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride

ye spoke to some mates n they reckon should be fine with permit too, ill try it out

Last edited:

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Ye damn that would be sweet haha, $80 seems like a good price?

Ye are the CATS inside the exhaust system somewhere?

Seems like a good plan though as I've got to get it towed to inspection and towed home if it doesn't pass.

Well beggers can't be choosy another option is to go to a few exhaust shops and see if they have any lying around. They probably piff em out all the time doing extractor and cat swaps. Just depends how quick you want them.

Once you get some hold onto them in case you find yourself with the same problem. That's why I always hold onto my stock bits whenever I do any mods.

Once (or if) you pass the emissions test keep the sheet In your car to show the jacks that it is emissions friendly next time you get pulled up :) no need to tell them you changed cats to get it to pass. Hopefully it might be enough to not get them to test it on you but I wouldn't count on it which is why it would always be good to have a set of stock cats laying around in case you need em.

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention is that cats have precious metals in then and can be worth a bit in scrap so the exhaust shops still might want a bit of money for them.

H

harrop.senator

Can't permit a licensed car in western Australia if expires the yellow sticker. Honestly sounds cheaper to cancel ya rego man.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Make sure you get the defect sorted though, even if you want to sell the car. Have heard it's difficult for anybody to have a defect lifted if they weren't the owner of the vehicle at the time. I know a bloke who purchased a car from queensland that had been defected and he ended up selling the car on because it couldn't be registered in Vic because it had a qld defect, even though it had been unregistered for quite some time.

Not sure exactly the whole process or whether it's common for it to happen like that, but the road traffic authorities in each state don't seem to be all that consistent so there probably won't be a clear cut answer.

H

harrop.senator

No issues registering a yellowed car in wa as far as I know.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
No issues registering a yellowed car in wa as far as I know.

ye I cant register it, I was supposed to hand my plates in because I got the work order/sticker around 3 months ago and because I have not got the work order done for X amount of time I cannot register the vehicle at all now until I get the work order done, that's what they told me when I spoke to em the other day, they still want me to hand my plates in & I've been charged $100 fine, stupid as **** ay

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
ye I cant register it, I was supposed to hand my plates in because I got the work order/sticker around 3 months ago and because I have not got the work order done for X amount of time I cannot register the vehicle at all now until I get the work order done, that's what they told me when I spoke to em the other day, they still want me to hand my plates in & I've been charged $100 fine, stupid as **** ay

The rego office isn't stupid for wanting to fine you.....You are.....From re-reading this thread, there has been suggestions the car yard wanted to make this car roadworthy, by bringing it back to stock....you on the other hand want to go another direction, which is your choice....You should have gotten off your butt and done plenty more to get the car roadworthy in one way or the other and it would have saved you this fine.

Yes, harsh words, but truthful...Oh and I have serious doubts the car yard would do anymore for you, considering the time frame that has lapsed since the noticed was issued