Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check Oil Warning

scotty69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006
Hi guys,

Got my car service recently, guys said there was a slight oil leak so he degreased and said to monitor.

Been having the "Check Oil" beeps and warnings every-time I turn on the car now.

Oil is full though as they put in 6 odd litres.

Anyone had this issue?
I've got the same issue and had this issue before. Seems like the oil pick up in the Sump needs cleaning out very common issue I'm just waiting on the funds to put mine in the shop

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If it's the pick up you'll see oil pressure issues across the board. The more you rev the more it pulls. Aeration becomes apparent. If it's only on start up it's more likely a sender or potentially a pump issue. Once it gets the pressure up its fine

scotty69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 2006
If it's the pick up you'll see oil pressure issues across the board. The more you rev the more it pulls. Aeration becomes apparent. If it's only on start up it's more likely a sender or potentially a pump issue. Once it gets the pressure up its fine
I'm getting a rattle in my valve cover and now a check oil warning but only when it's cold. On the drives side I've seen videos where the breather hole clugs up and becomes blocked maybe time for a good service. My timming chains were replaced 25000 km ago