Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Gear for VE

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
A couple of hours? I recall someone saying changing the diff in a VE was a massive pain as you needed to drop all the rear suspension, now this is just all here say hence why I didn't bother with it and just got it done by someone else.

Nah, it was quite an easy job really, just a matter of dropping the arms off the rotors and pulling the drive shafts out, then you just need to get a wheel alignment once you're done.

hey guys, got a question.. ive got a 2010 ve ssv manual.. my diff ratio is a 3.45 right?? if so is there much "noticeable" gain going to a 3.7?? thanks.

My brother went from 3.45 to 3.7 and was rapt with the results.

kahlnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV A6
I have a VE SSV A6, can I simply throw a 3.7 crown and pinion from a manual HSV into it? seems to easy?!

jeep pit

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute my10.5
i got a quote today to install only 3.70 diff gears $ 950
thats with me supplying the gears
the $950 is for labour and rebuild kit
im better off buying a new diff from holmart for $1750

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Yeh i agreee for $1750 you might as well get a new one aye at least u will have your old one as a spare aswell

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Keep an eye out on eBay,i got a set of second hand 3.7's (40,000 od k's out of a Maloo) for $400 to my door.It cost me about $600 to get them fitted,I have since had a detroit locker fitted as the limited slip diffs in the VE's are **** and don't last too long after a few good skids.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Keep an eye out on eBay,i got a set of second hand 3.7's (40,000 od k's out of a Maloo) for $400 to my door.It cost me about $600 to get them fitted,I have since had a detroit locker fitted as the limited slip diffs in the VE's are **** and don't last too long after a few good skids.

Approx how much for the Detroit locker fitted?