Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Footwell lighting

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Front Door trims puddle lamps:
92282206 (led lamp) x 2
92282208 (bezel led) x 2

Also i was mistaken, the door trim puddle lamp loom is part of the door loom, not a separate loom, so didn't get part no's as I'm not going to change the door looms.
Ah makes sense. So the led lamp part numbers are different from the door trim to the footwell lamp? I thought they would be the same

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Ah makes sense. So the led lamp part numbers are different from the door trim to the footwell lamp? I thought they would be the same

Yep they are different. The ones in the bottom of the door trims are bigger from the pics I've seen. The footwell ones are tiny.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries. Thanks for the help mate

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I should have gone into the garage and looked at the puddle lamps - My bad :rolleyes:
Had a look at my MSE and how the puddle and footwell lamps are ment to work but the user manual is next to useless.

The only lamp that comes on is the one in the bottom of the door side mirrors. The lamps on the bottom of the door and the footwell lamps stay off whatever i try.

Looked within the config menu and all seems OK re lighting so how the heck am i suposed to get them to work? Or do i have a fault?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Had a look at my MSE and how the puddle and footwell lamps are ment to work but the user manual is next to useless.

The only lamp that comes on is the one in the bottom of the door side mirrors. The lamps on the bottom of the door and the footwell lamps stay off whatever i try.

Looked within the config menu and all seems OK re lighting so how the heck am i suposed to get them to work? Or do i have a fault?

Maybe they only work when it is dark (i.e. May be they use the light sensor)?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride

Does roof lighting come on?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe they only work when it is dark (i.e. May be they use the light sensor)?
Yeah, thought of that so dropped a heavy dark cloth on the dashboard sensor but got no luck with footwell lights.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does roof lighting come on?
Bingo, give the man a cigar :)

No dome (roof) light came on so i pressed the dome lamp switch and then they all worked as expected :p So, i then i briefly looked at the owners manual and there was no mention that the dome lamp is hooked into the footwell and puddle lamps at which point i didn't feel like it was all my fault :rolleyes:

Thanks again @dans_vz and to all others who made comemnts ;)

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

No dome (roof) light came on so i pressed the dome lamp switch and then they all worked as they should :p So i then i beriefly looked at the owners manual and there was no mention that the dome lamp is hooked into the footwell and puddle lamps at which point i didn't feel like it was all my fault :rolleyes:

Don't feel too bad. I phaffed around for a while too, until I thought about it being on the interior light circuit. Duh!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

No dome (roof) light came on so i pressed the dome lamp switch and then they all worked as they should :p So i then i beriefly looked at the owners manual and there was no mention that the dome lamp is hooked into the footwell and puddle lamps at which point i didn't feel like it was all my fault :rolleyes:

I thought that would of been obvious? I know the VE used the light sensor during the day and the dome lamps would not illuminate. VF is totally different electrical architecture.