Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Footwell lighting

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Ok,I’m about to go the foot well lighting mod,first question looking into the light itself which of the pins is neg and pos? Second question where do you take the power from for the lite,behind the kick Pannel? And next what color wire do you tap into for power feed?

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok found out if you are using just a generic plug the pins on foot lite is middle pin is earth out side one pos,now what pos wire did people plug into and where is it,can’t be that much of a secret shawly.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Ok found out if you are using just a generic plug the pins on foot lite is middle pin is earth out side one pos,now what pos wire did people plug into and where is it,can’t be that much of a secret shawly.

Headliner front dome light. Grey wire for positve and black wire for negative.

Have a read of page 2, dan_vz lists the wiring colours to tap into for footwell, rear center dome/map lights and for sunvisor lights.

I did mine on the weekend and followed dans_vz guide and all good.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is done is good,thanks for your reply.

mbiondo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Hi, I'm looking at installing some footwell lights and door puddle lamps in my Redline. I've read through the posts here, but just wondering if anyone has any pics of the wires they tapped into for this to work. For the footwell lights, I think dan_vz mentioned a grey wire, but where is this wire located? And what about the door puddle lamps?

Thanks for any help.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
i went in to holden last week to order the parts, and it seems one of the puddle light parts are no longer available.
he said he was going to chase up why that was the case, am expected to hear back today, but not holding my breath.
he didnt really seem like he wanted to help, grilled me for just having the part numbers, does it really matter where i got them from o_O

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
i went in to holden last week to order the parts, and it seems one of the puddle light parts are no longer available.
he said he was going to chase up why that was the case, am expected to hear back today, but not holding my breath.
he didnt really seem like he wanted to help, grilled me for just having the part numbers, does it really matter where i got them from o_O

How will you fit them to your mirrors? where are you going to get the signal to power them from? The power is not within the door of a normal redline.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
How will you fit them to your mirrors? where are you going to get the signal to power them from? The power is not within the door of a normal redline.
bottom of door ones, not mirror sorry

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
bottom of door ones, not mirror sorry
I was going to ask where would you get the approach light signal for the mirror lamps. Door lamps are different as they come on with the dome lamps. Did you try part number 13503059? I think these are the new LED type lamp. rear door but they are all the same.