Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hearing Whistling sound

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
So did the lip on the top of the radiator fix the whistle? Mine sounds like it is coming from around the drivers door. So I wonder if that radiator fix is changing the wind pattern somehow. It would be good to read the official Holden fix on this with the part numbers etc. Years ago you could get the service information bulletins sent to the dealers about all the fixes. Or maybe a Holden tech here could fill us in on the info. It would be good to go to the dealer and say Holden has a fix for this.

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
Youve got a stealth turbo fitted - go do some skids!!

smegl98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
So did the lip on the top of the radiator fix the whistle? Mine sounds like it is coming from around the drivers door. So I wonder if that radiator fix is changing the wind pattern somehow. It would be good to read the official Holden fix on this with the part numbers etc. Years ago you could get the service information bulletins sent to the dealers about all the fixes. Or maybe a Holden tech here could fill us in on the info. It would be good to go to the dealer and say Holden has a fix for this.

Yes it did, for a while I struggled figuring out exactly where it was coming from. Sometimes it sounded like it was coming from the front of the car and sometimes it sounded like it came from either side window.

Call holden directly and raise the issue with them, thats basically what I had to do to get my Holden dealership to fix the problem.

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
Had the same lip on the top of the radiator fix done today. Just got back from a quick drive and it worked a charm, no more whistle.

No issues getting my dealer to fit it, I described the issue and they got the part in overnight and fitted it this morning.

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Out of curiosity,

It the wind noise only with V8 models?

Nobody with the V6 seems to have reported it.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Unless I am very much mistaken my whistling is coming from the drivers side door.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
checked my new VF2 and it has the updated radiator shroud, you can see it has little vents on the front of it.

treesnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 SII Sedan
my v6 SII does the same, anywhere from 70km/h upwards, significantly worse when driving into the wind. Its literally like someone has taped a whistle to the car.