Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is now the cheapest time to get a VFII Redline?

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
MY17 SV6 and SS will have sat nav and heads up standard.

The new colours to come will be son of a gun grey and light my fire orange. Having seen the specs on the final edition of the redline, I can tell you they've thrown everything possibly available from the parts bin at it. All MY17's will be this version, I'm fairly certain there won't be a base redline.

If you're after an Auto Redline there's a fair bit of stock around at present, but manuals are very hard to get. We've got more V8's in stock at the moment than we've ever had since VF launched, but they're mostly plain SSV autos.

HSV's LS3 is not Euro 5 compatible, meaning that all of their MY17's will be supercharged. Holden's LS3 has been Euro 5 since launch, but the LFW and LFX V6 aren't. They currently have an exemption from government to continue selling them through next year.

Thanks for the info Tim. I have kept an eye on stock in Vic for a while and haven't seen this many around before. Are these factory discounts or are the dealers just keen to move them?

Are you able to share any of the spec stuff, or let us know when it's likely to be announced?

With the final redline, are we expecting something similar to the Sprint with a limited number (like the Craig Lowndes) or will every Redline be the top spec?

Do you know if it will be around the same price? I'm looking at getting one but really don't want to go above 60K as it's really stretching the vehicle allowance.

Excellent question, as 60k is pretty much my limit also.

I just tried it, then they wanted $19.95 and my cc details.

Not being cheap, but I'd rather do the call around to the dealers myself.

I guess the idea is you only use this when you are ready to buy. This fee is refunded when you take up one of the offers.

I'm not sure how many manufactures support these car brokers though, with the broker often making more than the dealer/car salesman.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
On doing more digging, there will be Standard Redlines built, but I believe after a certain point they will all be the 'special edition pack' (there's been a couple of names mentioned, so I can't tell you the exact one), but I can tell you that the sedan and ute will have different names.

If you look at the US spec SS, this will give you an idea of whats left in store. I expect the final edition packs to be more expensive, likely in the mid $60's. We're already holding deposits for 2017 built Redlines and I'm sure we're not alone in this regard.

The current pricing is a function of supply, plus there are factory bonuses being paid on all VF's ($1,000 on all cars, plus extra money for the Free Auto promotion and current pricepoints being advertised, i.e. $34,990 black edition ute or $38,990 black edition sedan).

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
HI Matey, new around here, my thoughts? Well its like this. I dont believe Holden will let Ford go down in history as building most powerfull production car as a last hora,,
The LS3 mota can get easily 340kw, 5 more that the Miammi Supercharged 5.0 Litre Ford Sprint with Hedders and intake. [Funny about that]
My Gut feel is that there will be a special edition released maybe a Brock tribute or something around the same time the lights go out in Ford.
We should hear something after the financial year around July I suspect.
I agree there is a few VII redlines around in Sydney and the temptation is great, however I will hang back till the end of the year.
Best deal, ?? walk in with a bag of cash $10,000.00 will do it and they will suck your big toe to clintch a deal.
Natrually I can be totally wrong,,,,
Any Rumers out there, ??? :blah blah:

The Sprint has 345kw plus overboost that takes it close to 400kw. SO even if Holden manage to bring the LS3 out to 350kw plus, they still couldn't claim it as the most powerful out of Ford and Holden. But they wouldn't need to anyway, most comparisons between the Sprint and SSVR have the SSVR winning hands down as the better car overall. Holden have nothing to prove.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Chevrolet SS seats look like there's some HSV component there. Heated too maybe?
MRC. There appears to be a wee little dial behind the shifter - MRC adjustment?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I'm tipping we'll see new wheels, MRC, heated seats, and sticker spoiler packs.
Would love to see redline get 6pot brembos from the caddy.
Even better would be an LSA Redline, but that's probably a dream.
Bigger seats bolsters would also be nice

PRISEENE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Shopping Trolley. Plus other rides
Nice thoughts, I just want that 340 LS3 upgrade and DIGITAL RADIO DTAB+ UPGRADE ON THE MEDIA MyLink system..
Anything extra is a bonus,,, sweet!!

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
The only thing that makes me think MRC might not go in is the fact LSA clubsports don't even get it and they are 70k+.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Have had a deposit for a MY17 Redline for so long but now it's getting exciting!!

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Nice thoughts, I just want that 340 LS3 upgrade!

Someone said earlier or in another post that HSV use a different rating system so it's not actually better..
If you want more power spend the money aftermarket on a power pack to get it to 385kw.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The only thing that makes me think MRC might not go in is the fact LSA clubsports don't even get it and they are 70k+.

The limited Director model is to get MRC, with that in mind expect more to get it. Holden won't spend the time and money getting an MRC set up working for just one small run of cars.
As far as HSV goes, they need to keep differences between the LSA Clubsports and the GTS.

I can't see Holden doing any power updates either. If there were any, it wouldn't be anything to get excited over.