Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
Yes please pop a drivers side up. I have a driver side handbrake leaver so not if I can fit the drivers side door card. Passenger looks like it would fit ok.
Ahh fair enough heres a snap of the drivers side bud. The caprice door trims have the bigger door pocket from memory. You could always try calais ones if they dont look like they will fit

Attachments

• IMG_238499.jpg
    IMG_238499.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 295

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Fluffy Dice ??????? So "Not" Cool on a Statesman that's for sure.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
They do look a little out of place in such a class, luxury interior.

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
So bit of an update here! I have looked into the venetians and it appears that side venetians were never made for the vr-vs statesman/caprice and possibly vq's aswell. I have heard mixed reasons for this. One place told me they were a safety issue and another told me the machining was too expensive to set up for them. However if i provide a template for them they will see if they can custom make some to suit.

I also have a drivers side weathershield and front metal sunvisor on the way so should hopefully recieve them this week or next and will be able to put some pics up!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ahh fair enough heres a snap of the drivers side bud. The caprice door trims have the bigger door pocket from memory. You could always try calais ones if they dont look like they will fit
Thinking for the ute, I am possibly going to use VS wagon bench seat door trims, vents and leavers, as they look a fair bit nicer than VR ute ones. They won't be as nice as Calais or Stato but it should be a straight fit and there wont be any need to drill holes for the window winders and I wont have to remove the drivers door pocket. I'm still keen to look at Calais, Berlina or Acclaim just to see how they look and what it would take to fit them and to get an idea on colours to see if they would match.

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
Thinking for the ute, I am possibly going to use VS wagon bench seat door trims, vents and leavers, as they look a fair bit nicer than VR ute ones. They won't be as nice as Calais or Stato but it should be a straight fit and there wont be any need to drill holes for the window winders and I wont have to remove the drivers door pocket. I'm still keen to look at Calais, Berlina or Acclaim just to see how they look and what it would take to fit them and to get an idea on colours to see if they would match.
Yeah that sounds like a lot less stuffing around with the bench seat. Even the cloth statesman door trims might be nice. Don't think they have the big pockets on them. I've always like the shape of the interiors out of the vr/vs, there's nothing really that special about it but they just look nice in my opinion!

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I’d take that bonnet protector off and store it if I were you. That’s the second one I’ve ever seen. Most have been broken now and there’s no aftermarket replacement. I have a rear roof spoiler now - plan to fit it when the cars no longer a daily driver because I’m worried somebody will break it or pinch it.