Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Thinking for the ute, I am possibly going to use VS wagon bench seat door trims, vents and leavers, as they look a fair bit nicer than VR ute ones. They won't be as nice as Calais or Stato but it should be a straight fit and there wont be any need to drill holes for the window winders and I wont have to remove the drivers door pocket. I'm still keen to look at Calais, Berlina or Acclaim just to see how they look and what it would take to fit them and to get an idea on colours to see if they would match.

I threw a set of VR Caprice door trims in mine, pockets and all. Fit perfect. Its a slightly tight squeeze with the handbrake, seat height adjuster and the door pocket, but the caprice trims are way more solid than the standard trims. They were the first stage of the dash conversion. All painted and ready to go in, just got my boost/vac gauge today. Install within the month!

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
I’d take that bonnet protector off and store it if I were you. That’s the second one I’ve ever seen. Most have been broken now and there’s no aftermarket replacement. I have a rear roof spoiler now - plan to fit it when the cars no longer a daily driver because I’m worried somebody will break it or pinch it.
Yeah I got real lucky when I came accross it. A bloke was selling his car on facebook and I asked if I could grab that and the headlight protectors. I only drive it once or twice a month so ill probably leave it on, just gotta hope no one slams the brakes on in front of me lol

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
Got my weathershield fitted today and also managed to come accross a vs caprice bonnet emblem so chucked that on as well. I now have 2 spare vq/vr bonnet emblems. Anyone know what they are worth? Hopefully the sunvisor should show up this week too, slowly ticking all the boxes!

Attachments

• IMG_20180805_165203.jpg
    IMG_20180805_165203.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20180805_165152.jpg
    IMG_20180805_165152.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 227

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
So finnaly have the sun visor. First one was sent to me damaged but they ended up sending a replacement just need to get it sprayed before I fit it. Got some proper sheepskin seat covers for cheap and found out the hard way the headrests don't come off so had to cut the tops to fit them over the headrests. Looks nice and neat, shes grandpa spec now will post some pics up tomorrow!

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
Haha very true! It's all about the little extras :) I've been trying to find an original set of the moulded plastic mud flaps but they are near impossible to find! I'd probably wreck them anyway if they were on there

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7 wh statesman
Thinking for the ute, I am possibly going to use VS wagon bench seat door trims, vents and leavers, as they look a fair bit nicer than VR ute ones. They won't be as nice as Calais or Stato but it should be a straight fit and there wont be any need to drill holes for the window winders and I wont have to remove the drivers door pocket. I'm still keen to look at Calais, Berlina or Acclaim just to see how they look and what it would take to fit them and to get an idea on colours to see if they would match.
I got leather wax australiain as soon as I bought my 1999 statesman to soften seats, door cards

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I got leather wax australiain

Is that it's correct name ? and if so where can this be purchased from.

Also regarding Venetian Blinds there was also another company oddly enough that was also located in Adelaide called "Sunshade Products" and were located on Main North Road Blair Athol for many years but have morphed into "Sunshade Products Roof Rack World".

They also made Venetians and Visors when I was a kid, sadly there's not much of a market for these type of products any more as they are not seen as Cool items on a vehicle if you'll pardon the pun.

Don't know why any one would even consider a noise making visor to be brutally honest. I took mine off my HG Wagon that I had back in the 1970~80's and what a difference it made sound wise.