Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Also regarding Venetian Blinds there was also another company oddly enough that was also located in Adelaide called "Sunshade Products" and were located on Main North Road Blair Athol for many years but have morphed into "Sunshade Products Roof Rack World".
They are still around https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VR-VS-C...hash=item363a4d6a4e:m:mHe5vpmcYUc0YGHcIA98LmA

They have become tacky chic now and popular.....newer ones are a lot lighter and I never really notice any undue noise...

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
grabbed some more pics today while the sun was out. should be picking up a rear black venetian tomorrow arvo so hopefully will get that in too

What’s the paint code, is it raven pearl? So a blue colour? Just picked one up yesterday lol
yeah mate its a blue in the sun but is registered as black and looks black in the shade/dark, really nice color! paint code is b171

Attachments

• IMG_20180901_155446.jpg
    IMG_20180901_155446.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 128

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
Is that it's correct name ? and if so where can this be purchased from.

Also regarding Venetian Blinds there was also another company oddly enough that was also located in Adelaide called "Sunshade Products" and were located on Main North Road Blair Athol for many years but have morphed into "Sunshade Products Roof Rack World".

They also made Venetians and Visors when I was a kid, sadly there's not much of a market for these type of products any more as they are not seen as Cool items on a vehicle if you'll pardon the pun.

Don't know why any one would even consider a noise making visor to be brutally honest. I took mine off my HG Wagon that I had back in the 1970~80's and what a difference it made sound wise.

thanks for the info mate! i found a venetian second hand and a place in nsw called hyway sunvisors that make them still and they freight aus wide. I personally like the old school look of the visors and have never seen one on a statesman so thought id try it out. I'll get it sprayed and fit it but if its too noisey or i dont like it then will probably just chuck it in the shed lol

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
So the venetian fell through looks like I might have to wait for another to pop up or get a new one. Anyone had custom venetians made before? If I'm going to buy them new I might look into getting a template made up for sides

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
If there's one thing I've learnt about talking on a forum and that is "Don't Spend it before you've Saved it".;)

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
If there's one thing I've learnt about talking on a forum and that is "Don't Spend it before you've Saved it".;)
Haha yeah solid advice. I've got the money for it but just wanted to see if anyone has made up templates for venetians before?

J_Caprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Vs s3 Caprice
Yeah I'm not really a fan of them either.. (excuse the pun) lol. I've seen the fan and the horizontal ones made for vs commodores

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Very much prefer the horizontal units that were available in VL's
They have them as well...personally I dont like the opera window venetians anyway..