Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
yes it does lower the back more than the front but as i said it still has a little rake down to the front but not a lot. it is a v8.
i have just remeasured the centre of the wheel to bottom of wheel arch and it has settled from when i had it first done. rear is 358mm and front 363mm.
cheers
rick

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Really? According their website they claim to lower to 370 mm - 375 mm Front and Rear. Would that not be closer to Kings SL's?

Hey Paulie81, 358 and 363 is so close to Kings SSL as makes no difference.

It sounds like you aren't quite sure what you're after. You seem to have thoroughly researched the mainstream lowering options but appear to have questioned yourself to a standstill. Do you know what height you're looking for? Just trying to help mate.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
the only thing i would say is the eibachs are much more comfortable than any of the kings or pedders springs i have had in other cars. they dont thump in the ditches and undulations as much.
cheers
rick

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Hey Paulie81, 358 and 363 is so close to Kings SSL as makes no difference.

It sounds like you aren't quite sure what you're after. You seem to have thoroughly researched the mainstream lowering options but appear to have questioned yourself to a standstill. Do you know what height you're looking for? Just trying to help mate.

yes I am a bit stumped as feedback from users vs. what manufacturers state as the estimated height seem to be different. The Eibach website claims the Pro-Kit Springs will get the ride height between 370-375mm but in Warricks case it seems lower.
When I measured from the top of the wheel arch to wheel cap I currently get 400mm.Im looking for a safe ride height that is not going to give me grief with speed humps and driveways so i thought 370mm would be a safe bet on the stock FE3 shocks. What do you think?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
yes I am a bit stumped as feedback from users vs. what manufacturers state as the estimated height seem to be different. The Eibach website claims the Pro-Kit Springs will get the ride height between 370-375mm but in Warricks case it seems lower.
When I measured from the top of the wheel arch to wheel cap I currently get 400mm.Im looking for a safe ride height that is not going to give me grief with speed humps and driveways so i thought 370mm would be a safe bet on the stock FE3 shocks. What do you think?

I reckon you'd be disappointed with Kings SL. I'd go with the Eibach or Kings SSL.

Youll end up at 365ish. Mine with SSL is 373 front 365 rear. It's a V6 with towbar.
A V8 will be 5 to 10mm lower at the front, it varies slightly.

Understand you'll need to be careful on steep up ramps and speed humps until you get the feel for it.

Any lower and the factory shocks will be overehelmed in terms on longevity, performance and bump travel.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
I reckon you'd be disappointed with Kings SL. I'd go with the Eibach or Kings SSL.

Youll end up at 365ish. Mine with SSL is 373 front 365 rear. It's a V6 with towbar.
A V8 will be 5 to 10mm lower at the front, it varies slightly.

Understand you'll need to be careful on steep up ramps and speed humps until you get the feel for it.

Any lower and the factory shocks will be overehelmed in terms on longevity, performance and bump travel.

yeah Im thinking the Eibachs look like the way to go. I won't need to do any other mods other than adding in the springs right?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
yeah Im thinking the Eibachs look like the way to go. I won't need to do any other mods other than adding in the springs right?

Right. But....I highly recommend changing the front upper strut mounts from the OEM rubber to Superpro polyelast. The OEM ones don't last, polyurethane ones are too harsh and it's zero extra work to do when changing springs.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Right. But....I highly recommend changing the front upper strut mounts from the OEM rubber to Superpro polyelast. The OEM ones don't last, polyurethane ones are too harsh and it's zero extra work to do when changing springs.

Great recommendation!

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes I recall you making this recommendation earlier so when I asked the suspension place how much it worked out to be the same price as supplying and fitting the springs. Does that sound right? I expected it to be much less

Maz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R M6