Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
sound like you haven t owned the car that long and no handbook so you don t know the service history
i be taking to a local mechanic to perform a major service on the engine including replacing spark plugs and the cooling system and they should check the transmission fluid and brakes hopefully they can be done later to save money and the killer is the gst

cjsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I bought it at 92k km. I do have the handbooks, I just don’t have access to them right this literal second as I’m moving houses and it’s in a box.

will talk to local mechanic, cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The VF commodore‘s 105k service interval costs $319 under the fixed price schedule...

The VE is not shown on this Holden‘s doc but that could be a purposeful oversight.

Was the VE ever offered with fixed price service schedule?

cjsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I’m not sure honestly, I bought it at 92k km

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’m not sure honestly, I bought it at 92k km
If you have all the original books, it should be mentioned some where within... service passport maybe?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You really need to check your books to see what has been done compared to what your books tell you.

Oil 5-30 should be changed along with the filter each 9 months.
RED coolant needs changing every 5 years.....Repeat RED coolant.
Brakes need flushing every 2 years.
Air filter every couple of years or more often in dusty conditions.

That really are the main things to be done.

At a general mechanical workshop count on close to 400 for the above, and make VERY sure they use 5-30 oil and change the filter.

If you feel up to changing the oil and filter yourself it really is very simple......Drain the oil, undo the filter.
To get to the filter, take off the left hand side plastic engine cover and see it with a big nut on top.
Undo the big nut, lift and take the dirty oil filter out and replace with a new one and down with the filter housing.
Plug back into the sump and fill from the top with 5-30 oil......The oil you can afford.
Air filter is simple....Take the housing off front left of engine, out with the dirty filter and in with the new....Housing back on.

Cheers.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
If you want to check prices, go to a dealer, get a written quote for a major service and get them to list each item they would do as part of that service. Then show a few local mechanics that list and ask for a price. Choose from them based on price and quality of work (check reviews of your local mechanics) cheapest isn't always best.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
I’d love to do it myself but can’t, needs to be a logbook service otherwise my warranty gets voided.

I’ve got the books, just don’thave access to them right now, which is why I asked for peoples experiences who’ve had it done haha
that warranty you have mate you want to read it, i bet you have to get it service by the dealership you brought car from