Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust has 3 variations, which to buy?

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
My X-force fits perfect and the rear mufflers and tips are fully adjustable. Dont think the other brands are. Doubt stainless would rust out.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sorry, so theres an exhaust Im guessing which has only hotdogs, at the rear? And theres one with hotdogs in the centre and full sized mufflers at the rear? So when you say the hotdog system will drone you are referring to the former?

Until your post I thought the rear muffler setup was always the same on the Manta systems and the option was hotdogs or straight pipes in the centre.

(yes I have an auto)

Manta actually do a few different configurations you can mix and match.
Front section with 2 hotdogs only
Front section with 4 hotdogs only
Front section with muffler and 2 hotdogs
Rear mufflers
Rear pipes

The best non droning system for the autos is the front muffler/hotdogs and rear mufflers. They don't do the front section with pipe only unless you specifically order it.

What's the go with the HSV rear bar on the VF, does it require a completely different rear muffler set or do you just tweak the off the shelf kit to suit ?

The rear mufflers are made to suit the HSV rear bumper. When ordering a system for the HSV, you specify HSV and they are the mufflers you get.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
There are other options, Hurricane, pacemaker, all do systems really comes down to what note your after. Something to consider is take off the catback and run it straight out the headers, will be loud lol

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
I was looking at the hurricane twin 3" system but not really sold on it.
Manta seems to sound great but I want twin 3" for future mods.
How much am I looking at for a twin 3" cats and 1-7/8 headers?
AFM will be turned off and its an auto vf ssv redline.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
3" twin with extractors and cats is $2760 shipped for the hotdog front system. Add $100 for the muffler.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Manta actually do a few different configurations you can mix and match.
Front section with 2 hotdogs only
Front section with 4 hotdogs only
Front section with muffler and 2 hotdogs
Rear mufflers
Rear pipes

The best non droning system for the autos is the front muffler/hotdogs and rear mufflers. They don't do the front section with pipe only unless you specifically order It

Ok so how much for ^^^ this ^^^ system here you mention in mild steel and what exactly do you ask for when ordering this ( part no's etc etc ) ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ok so how much for ^^^ this ^^^ system here you mention in mild steel and what exactly do you ask for when ordering this ( part no's etc etc ) ?

That system is $1295 shipped in 2 1/2" mild steel cat back. You ask for the front muffler and hotdogs system.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I was looking at the hurricane twin 3" system but not really sold on it.
Manta seems to sound great but I want twin 3" for future mods.
How much am I looking at for a twin 3" cats and 1-7/8 headers?
AFM will be turned off and its an auto vf ssv redline.

Don't go hurricane if you have afm, i have the 2.5" cat back and it drones like NO TOMORROW, i had it on for 1 day and took it out. now it is sitting in the garage collecting dust.
With all the positive feedback should go manta, as abba_fan is always around answering your doubts.

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
3" twin with extractors and cats is $2760 shipped for the hotdog front system. Add $100 for the muffler.
I'm dead set keen to get a system in the next week or 2 and ill have enough cash.
I want the front muffler/hotdogs and rear mufflers with extractors and cats think it will sound good
and not be stupid loud?
What would it cost in stainless?