Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
Though it’s not a safety recall, it’s a fault under ACL and the repair of the fault can’t be tied to a vehicle service. So, as long as the owner knows or experiences the fault, and the dealer fixes it when highlighted, then all is good.

But what if this known defect isn’t noticed by the customer? How does the owner know they have a known latent defect with the product they have purchased? How does the owner know to ask for it to be fixed without information as to these latent defects? I’d want my car with all features functioning as intended even though I may not use all features.

I firmly believe that all service campaigns should be freely available with full technical information as to the problem and the fix. This was how recall notices used be, they contain technical information in the older days of FORS. Then the decks were reshuffled and DOTARS and ACCC got involved and everything was dumbed down (with all the old recalls having 6neir technical information stripped from the government systems).

Now that Holden has dumped manufacture and new car sales and is pulling out of the market, it’s even more imperative that us owners have free unfitted access to the technical information from recall notices, service campaign and other relevant information so that we can service our vehicles and keep them on the road...

What I really dislike with service campaigns is that with some issues, like the VF V8 injector issues, it’s a known defect waiting to happen and people can’t get precautionary repairs done to avoid unplanned down time. What’s worse is that GH/H now seems to be taking a shittier approach to such injector failures as I’ve read only the faulty injectors are now being replaced rather than the whole lot... This shittier behaviour will likely spread to other models and faults... Service campaigns should be handled via recall mechanism as far as I’m concerned :rolleyes:
I totally agree but unfortunately it is the “axle that squeaks the loudest gets the grease”.
I am 1k off my 24k service and have already called in my warranty issues.

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
I am at 24k km on my Conti Sport Contact 5 tires. Still have about 60% thread with them.
On 47 K now, conti Sport contact 5 still have 40% thread. Btw, I am getting 6.7l/100 on fuel consumption on my diesel zb calais now; probably due to smoother traffic.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
On 47 K now, conti Sport contact 5 still have 40% thread. Btw, I am getting 6.7l/100 on fuel consumption on my diesel zb calais now; probably due to smoother traffic.
That’s very good tyre mileage!! Mine is a V6 and will be lucky to get 30k. The Diesels must be kind on the rubber.

Papamoa69

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Rsv Sportswagon
I bought my Rsv from Holden in Sept 19 with 1500km on the clock for around 50k.
I was told it's a blackout edition,does anyone know more about these models?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200407-231417.png
    Screenshot_20200407-231417.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 240

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
As far as I know from looking at one and talking to a salesman some time back, Holden stuck black rims, blacked out some external trims and put some black edition stickers and badges on otherwise stock cars. It was an attempt to generate some interest.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
As far as I know from looking at one and talking to a salesman some time back, Holden stuck black rims, blacked out some external trims and put some black edition stickers and badges on otherwise stock cars. It was an attempt to generate some interest.

I've seen blacked out VFs around so it's not unique to the ZB.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
Correct. Only with ZB it's not limited to one variant (VF SV6) and you don't get any extra kit or blacked out trim inside like you did with VF.
I think too the rims are picked and put on by the dealer, so no standard Holden branded rims across the range.

The one I saw was a white RS. Definitely looked better than standard and was the same price.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
I've had the same issue even when the tank is physically overflowing. Gauge shows 3/4 after filling then slowly creeps up to ~7/8 after driving a bit. Never full though. Seems to be a calibration issue to me based on that.

Is anyone else unable to get a full tank of fuel in their ZB? Most times I can only get between 3/4 and full. Only a couple of times I have got a full tank on the gauge.
Is it a sender/gauge/calibration fault or I am doing something wrong when filling?
For anyone that's interested I have just had my 24k service and a new fuel sender is now on back order to be replaced under warranty.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
No issues. I fill it up and it says its full on the gauge.

I am really looking forward to a decent drive when the lockdown finally ends.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Second service just done at 18 kkms for $299 which included wheel rotation and brakes bled properly - nice firm pedal. No problems to date :)