Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

Das_Niklaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
I think your right about your V6's killing 8's comment mate, I'll be putting a CAPA kit on my SV6 later this year with no intention of trying to smoke V8's, but because I'm interested in what power the 6 can produce. I don't know of anyone who has put forced induction on the SIDI, so it will be interesting to see what differences there are between the 195 and 210 kW engines. Saying that, it will never be an 8, or sound like an 8, but I just want something different. I don't want to **** with it so much that it's undrivable. There is still plenty of life left for buying GTS's and upping them to the point where they shatter nearby car windows...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
What a **** thread, one guy wants to know how he can get abit more HP out of his car, then a bunch of V8 elitist enter, try to defend the V6 and all ya get is :spew:

I never said the V6 will be a V8 killer, BUT STOCK THE V8'S AREN'T THAT FAST.

The VE alloytecs also have vast improvements over the VZ's, but im not getting into that here.

I got the sv6 b4 the fg's were out, yes ive been kicking myself since, thou would much rather a SIDI.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
I think your right about your V6's killing 8's comment mate, I'll be putting a CAPA kit on my SV6 later this year with no intention of trying to smoke V8's, but because I'm interested in what power the 6 can produce. I don't know of anyone who has put forced induction on the SIDI, so it will be interesting to see what differences there are between the 195 and 210 kW engines. Saying that, it will never be an 8, or sound like an 8, but I just want something different. I don't want to **** with it so much that it's undrivable. There is still plenty of life left for buying GTS's and upping them to the point where they shatter nearby car windows...

Mate, i'd recommend if going a fan type blower raptor capa etc. you get the smallest pulley possible fitted and drop the rev limiter down to control the boost. i worked out with the capa you could have like 4psi at 3000rpm or something would just need a rev limiter of 5800rpm otherwise you would over boost. otherwise you wont get use able boost till like 4000rpm. thats my only itch against fan blowers they make great power will be up there close to turbos but they make it too late in the rev range.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
What a **** thread, one guy wants to know how he can get abit more HP out of his car, then a bunch of V8 elitist enter, try to defend the V6 and all ya get is :spew:

I never said the V6 will be a V8 killer, BUT STOCK THE V8'S AREN'T THAT FAST.

The VE alloytecs also have vast improvements over the VZ's, but im not getting into that here.

I got the sv6 b4 the fg's were out, yes ive been kicking myself since, thou would much rather a SIDI.

if your such a ford fan whats the signature all about? not to mention you comment earlier " i put this signature because there was some ford idiot on ls1 blah blah blah ".

and as for you saying only freak SS run 13.1 how do we know that 14.6 time isn't a freak car. theres been a few guys run there SIDI sv6 at the drags so far i've only see 15.1 and 15.3 times.

i think you need to come down mate. i''ve helped alot of people out with there sv6's even you in the past. i just don't want to give people expectations that aren't realistic i'm by no means a v8 elitist, i'm just a realist.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I'm defending the V6 coz the guy wants to know how to get more HP out of his car! but like always "should have bought a v8" blahblah, i'd rather the I6 over the port V6, but rather the SIDI over both is all. I totally understand a V8 has better aftermarket, better hp gains etc, but a V6 isn't a deadend like yall making it out to be.

and btw, a guy in his sidi on the ls1 forums with no experience in 1/4mile pulled a 14.9 at calder not long ago, pretty good considering the ****ups

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
what i wonder even more is how the **** did you end up with an advertisement for ING in your post? lol.. wonder if it will move to the last post after this...look... best thing is wait for that fella above to chuck a supercharger on the sidi and we see what happens...if his bonnet flys off we'll know it's a fail otherwise we're all hitching the ride on the charger express.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
the camaro's are handling 320kw twin turbo's on the direct inject motors, don't see that many issues

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
Remember american dynos read alot higher then our dyno dynamics and mainlands.