Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

positive and negitive wires sparked

suntrac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Hi All,
I accediently touched the positive and negitive wire used for mobilephone charging in my VY Acclaim. I got a spark .The car in not starting now and the display says contact service centre and the engine image is comming up on the dash board. Radio, head and indicator lights are working. But interior lights, power windows, hazard light and centre locking are not working. Can somebody help me find the problem.
Best regards, Thanks.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
check ya fuse box for blown fuses

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
or it my have a fuseable link that burnt out running to the battery

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
this is a VY in the VZ section so Im not sure if their different - BUT I did the same thing in my VZ when I stupidly had the radio on while plugging the mobile phone adapter in ... and was a blown fuse under the steering wheel.

This said tho
Radio, head and indicator lights are working
is interesting, as it should at least kill the radio as well and I think internal lighting or something similar.

But I'd try the fuse box first especially for fuses related to the things that aint working like ignition etc ... then if its still acting up ... be worried!