Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slimline Subs

Which slimline sub is the best for loud,booming,deep bass?

• Alpine Type R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alpine Type S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Also if your worried about sacrificing leg room and sound you could look into putting a 12" in a custom box next to the fuel tank? It has vents that run into the cab for the sound, I've heard this in a mates vz ute and I thought it sounded pretty good

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah ive looked at that but not too keen on it, ide rather it in the cabin

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Yea was a ute, had it behind driver's sear. Sub had plenty of kick. I think you'd be happy with it. Also plenty of leg room.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
awesome man thanks ill deffs have a look

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
i have the kicker behind my seat in a ve. for rock music its fine. for rnb hip hop and that sort of more bass heavy stuff its good but with the 'real low' freq it doesn't have as much presence as it does with the slightly higher lower freq if that makes sense?? i put it down to being slimline and maybe not as wider freq range as a deep sub.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
i have the kicker behind my seat in a ve. for rock music its fine. for rnb hip hop and that sort of more bass heavy stuff its good but with the 'real low' freq it doesn't have as much presence as it does with the slightly higher lower freq if that makes sense?? i put it down to being slimline and maybe not as wider freq range as a deep sub.

yeah that makes sense..... i think thats just kickers in general though.... im not sure if there made for the real low bass stuff? does it get lound though like shakey loud?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah that makes sense..... i think thats just kickers in general though.... im not sure if there made for the real low bass stuff? does it get lound though like shakey loud?

I don't like Kicker but thats just my personal opinion, but they make some decent subs when you begin spending more money. The lack of low end response in the above situation is a result of surface area, enclosure volume, tuning, and power. Not the wrong decision, he made best with what would fit.

valeriy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore s1
Have you looked at option audio slimline subs? you can also get them in their own box. They sound quite nice and tight.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
He has the box all ready. OP, the enclosure is pre-fab so probably thin and flimsy with no internal bracing. Get yourself a few kg's or fiberglass resin, and some hardner. Paint the first layer thin and let the mdf absorb it, then stand the enclosure and pour then resin in, and let it set, do it each side.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Have you looked at option audio slimline subs? you can also get them in their own box. They sound quite nice and tight.

OA boxes suck. i know someone with one and it fell apart. weak as sht