Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sportswagon chopping out rear tyres

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
How can cornering only wear the inside of the tyres and not the outside? Don't the roads in your world have both left and right corners? If the problem was cornering you would Wear the outer edge as well as the inner edge.
I'd call that proven wrong.
There is enough adjustment in the rear for anything except track days. Problem is a lot of shops can't be bothered to make the adjustments. They only want to adjust the front tie rods because they are easy.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Depends on how low. Mine is low and it's fine. However, there are owners out there that have about 60-70mm clearance. These are the only ones I hear about having issues with camber related tyre wear.

Agree sway bar will do little to help tyre wear. Especially when it's wearing the insides. I have an 18mm here to fit to mine, when I can be bothered.

Still plenty of scope for adjustment even dumped on its guts....

The ones I hear of having issues are the ones that have worn bushes in the rear....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
How can cornering only wear the inside of the tyres and not the outside? Don't the roads in your world have both left and right corners? If the problem was cornering you would Wear the outer edge as well as the inner edge.
I'd call that proven wrong.
There is enough adjustment in the rear for anything except track days. Problem is a lot of shops can't be bothered to make the adjustments. They only want to adjust the front tie rods because they are easy.

The main thing I strike is, lack of knowledge reading tyre wear and adjusting accordingly..

And yes, anything more than a toe adjustment is considered the too hard basket these days...

The OP is also making the assumption it is camber wear....Doesn't know about toe being a cause as well..

Honestly I see it along the lines of "what is my car worth" style thread, where they think they know the cause, just need the confirmation from us good folk

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Still plenty of scope for adjustment even dumped on its guts....

The ones I hear of having issues are the ones that have worn bushes in the rear....

What causes rear bush wear? Mine have 230k on them and they are not even half worn out.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
For a place to say inner tyre wear is common seems like BS to me. I'd be going elsewhere.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What causes rear bush wear? Mine have 230k on them and they are not even half worn out.

Age, hard life, even having the car sitting for ages and not being used.....

I'm not saying this is the cause of the OP's problem.....It's one of the possibilities....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
For a place to say inner tyre wear is common seems like BS to me. I'd be going elsewhere.

Sure is....But as I mentioned, it does seem like one of those "what's my car worth" style threads, where they think it's one thing and need us good folk to agree with them

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I didn't think VEs really had issues with rear bush wear. I actually don't think much at all wears out on the rear suspension on a VE, except maybe the struts. Even the front arm bushes don't seem to wear much.