Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

squeeking VS ecotec roller rockers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thats exactly right what andrew has posted above,theyve gotta have the roller at the end,hence the name "roller rockers".I wonder why everyone calls the mace ones roller rockers then when they clearly arent,they are just normal type high ratio rockers.And how many people have bought them thinking theyve bought roller rockers when they havent.

Last edited:

nalchlan

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS executive series II 'S pack'
yeah... i thought that myself originally. i have them now too late haha ;). but thats beside the point, do you have any ideas on why they squeek?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
check they arnt opening the valves to far and hitting the valve stem seals allmost sounds like they are pumping all the prelode out the lifters and maybe squashing the seals then when oil pressure goes down at idle it goes away any idea how much prelode is on the lifters with the pushrods

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I'll put in my opinions here

I agree with Andrew426, they are remanufactured with a higher ratio. To me a 'true' roller rocker is a complete new unit that has the roller tip, like YT style. I remember buying my 1.8 YT rockers about 5 years ago for $580. Beats me why remanufactured factory ones cost similar? BUT HEY! thats purely my own observation/ opinion...

nalchlan- ur squeeking could be: pushrod/s rubbing on the casting dags of the heads? or a fault with the rockers themselves? MACE just offered to honour warranty on them, so why not get an exchange?? for the price of postage, that a good deal.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Can i just say i know what the problem is?

You need 5/16 diameter push rods. The stock ones are a bigger diameter.

Sometimes you can get away with running the same pushrods. The problem is the holes where the pushrods go through the head sometimes there is a little bit of casting flash hanging out which rubs on the pushrod.

You may only find 1 or 2 are rubbing but its safer to get new 5/16 push rods. Its a pretty loud squeek huh.

You can get them off steve at Mace. Not expensive.

BTW im talking from experience lol.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
final1MACE19.jpg

so which part of em' rolls?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The rockers in the above pic dont roll,its just all solid where it pushes down on the valve stem,just like the standard rockers.If you go back a page and look in the other pic that was posted of the yella terra rockers, look at the roller tip that pushes down on the top of the valve stem,its got a roller at the end instead of just being a solid unit.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR