Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Test Drove series 2 SS Redline Manual W407

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Hi Guys
As above the chance came my way today to test drive a Redline manual with the w407 upgrade. My series 2 with w375 was in getting serviced, and the new car sales manager Andrew had the Redline as his drive car. Andrew being a good guy that helped me buy my car a year ago was there while i was waiting for mine. I was asking him about its road manners because i really want to get the w407. Andrew said just take it for a drive.

My impressions are that i liked it, was nice on the road, and nothing like i thought it would be, though it does need more revs at low speeds in car parks. Being brand new i didnt put the boot into it, but at 3.500 rpm it becomes a rocket, Andrew said hes getting 14.5 litres per 100 too. not bad. It also had the Walkinshaw short shifter (Rip Shifter) and really loved that. So the end result is its booked in at Formula Tech Dyno Centre on Wednesday. Just a big thanks to Andrew and Stephen at Rockingham Holden who made time for me when im sure they had better things to do

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Great to hear your getting the pack put in, shame it can only be done at formula Tech...

I wish you all the best

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi Guys
As above the chance came my way today to test drive a Redline manual with the w407 upgrade. My series 2 with w375 was in getting serviced, and the new car sales manager Andrew had the Redline as his drive car. Andrew being a good guy that helped me buy my car a year ago was there while i was waiting for mine. I was asking him about its road manners because i really want to get the w407. Andrew said just take it for a drive.

My impressions are that i liked it, was nice on the road, and nothing like i thought it would be, though it does need more revs at low speeds in car parks. Being brand new i didnt put the boot into it, but at 3.500 rpm it becomes a rocket, Andrew said hes getting 14.5 litres per 100 too. not bad. It also had the Walkinshaw short shifter (Rip Shifter) and really loved that. So the end result is its booked in at Formula Tech Dyno Centre on Wednesday. Just a big thanks to Andrew and Stephen at Rockingham Holden who made time for me when im sure they had better things to do
Could you post some videos of the idle etc after you get it done? I'm thinking about getting that pack 2? But haven't heard it anywhere yet

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Could you post some videos of the idle etc after you get it done? I'm thinking about getting that pack 2? But haven't heard it anywhere yet
Hi PSISLE
When its done ill try post a vid up for you guys. The idle you can tell its got a Cam but its not obnoxiously loud and bogan like if that makes any sence. I thing thats been putting me off for a while is, firstly i really love the way it drives standard, and also i work at 2am in the morning and have good neighbours and dont wanna ruin that by cranking up a bogan mobile at 1,30 am 6 days a week. Also when driving it sounds as loud as mine already does with the w375, under 3k it really is a baby to drive, put ya boot into it after that and it really goes. Like i said though it only had 500kms on it so didnt open it up, but did a little in second and after 3k theres its play time

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi PSISLE
When its done ill try post a vid up for you guys. The idle you can tell its got a Cam but its not obnoxiously loud and bogan like if that makes any sence. I thing thats been putting me off for a while is, firstly i really love the way it drives standard, and also i work at 2am in the morning and have good neighbours and dont wanna ruin that by cranking up a bogan mobile at 1,30 am 6 days a week. Also when driving it sounds as loud as mine already does with the w375, under 3k it really is a baby to drive, put ya boot into it after that and it really goes. Like i said though it only had 500kms on it so didnt open it up, but did a little in second and after 3k theres its play time
Thanks mate

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
How much was it?
If you already have the w375 i think its about 5k, but if youve done more then 20k then they do lifters and new head bolts and gaskets which is an extra 1k. Im getting the head bolts and lifters done cos ive done more the 20k, plus im getting the short shifter as well. all for 6.100. Im getting looked after cos ive spent a bit in there

Kman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Acclaim; (On order for July delivery: MSE)
What about fuel smell at idle? Or just after shutdown?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Yes i read about the excess fuel smell in an article,