Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tow bar removal

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Curious what reverse sensors do on each setting and whether you still get 6 flashes or only 3 flashes on momentary push of indicator stalk after the module removal?
Mine gets 3 flashes on the stalk with module removed. We've got a VF2 SV6 ute with a tow bar and module and that does 3 flashes also.

The hole in the bumper is painful on a ute tow bar removal, I used the surround and bent up a bit of alloy and painted it as an interim fix.
20210303_191830 (2).jpg

20210612_162126.jpg

Last edited:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Curious what reverse sensors do on each setting and whether you still get 6 flashes or only 3 flashes on momentary push of indicator stalk after the module removal?

6 flashes only happens when it detects a harness connected

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It all seems a little odd that programming is required when fitting a bar but no adverse consequences occur when removing the bar module...

If such is the case, as it seems, the module itself should have been standardised and then it’s simply a plug and play proposition with no programming required... It’s almost as if the programming is a forced step to push people to the dealer to get their accessories installed :mad:

Glad it’s an easier to remove than install though :D

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
If such is the case, as it seems, the module itself should have been standardised and then it’s simply a plug and play proposition with no programming required...
Thats whats available for aftermarket bars. Ve/Vf.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Mine gets 3 flashes on the stalk with module removed. We've got a VF2 SV6 ute with a tow bar and module and that does 3 flashes also.

The hole in the bumper is painful on a ute tow bar removal, I used the surround and bent up a bit of alloy and painted it as an interim fix.
View attachment 223346
View attachment 223347
Nicely done. I’d be happy with that as a permanent fix :cool: