Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv high idle after MAF/TB clean

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Pic is without the cover on obviously its an orrsum otr. Ive had it for 5 years never had an issue till now. This is first ive cleaned the MAF and throttle body

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Yes sensors is in the side with actuator.
Download an app like dash command or torque to your phone to get a proper amount of data channels, any TB reading will probably show what’s going on.
You can’t service the sensor bit, unless you’re expert in electronics. AvE on YouTube is an expert did a video and it is just too hard.
Given you’re sure the MAF is cleaned properly I’d go through these steps:
Check MAF connectors and wiring as the error with coolant is just odd. Which brand OTR can you take a pic of the setup? May have MAF bypass and / or IAT relocator or different MAF sensor with custom wiring. ie you plugged back in differently. ECU should have reported something useful but slight chance does have MAFless tune and you plugged in the MAF?
Else with engine running carefully spray a little aerosol solvent briefly in short bursts around joins / gaskets for air leak. Careful, can be dangerous and wear gloves and eye protection.
Then check TB reading using the proper apps.
Then if all good log the MAF frequency and throttle position, check data anomalies else post it up here.
Pic is without the cover on obviously its an orrsum otr. Ive had it for 5 years never had an issue till now. This is first ive cleaned the MAF and throttle body

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If it's a coolant temp sensor error, have you checked the coolant temp sensor connector to make sure you haven't knocked it or pulled the loom at some point?

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
If it's a coolant temp sensor error, have you checked the coolant temp sensor connector to make sure you haven't knocked it or pulled the loom at some point?
Yeah ive checked that..

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Mate it might be the photo but the MAF is not connected?

alba81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Calais ve v
I'm not a mechanic but if you forced open the tb with ur hands I'm pretty sure U wrecked it

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
Mate it might be the photo but the MAF is not connected?
Yeah this is when i was putting it back together. I took a photo to send to a mate..Its definitely connected thou. I was at work when i posted this

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
I'm not a mechanic but if you forced open the tb with ur hands I'm pretty sure U wrecked it
Yeah ive read mixed responses..ive spoken to my mechanic which will have a look tomorrow if he has time when i finish work but he said theres a couple relearns to perform or it could be a totally different issue. I told him i did it by hand and he wasnt to convinced that would be the a problem..

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the throttle blade is fine to move as long as its not powered up, if key is off it should move easily and its fine to do but if u notice any resistance then i wouldnt push it, the temp sensor could be faulty if its showing a code and also changes the idle id look into that, if the temp reading changes it will change the fueling also when they fail they usually show -40 deg which will add alot of fuel and go OL

Seanssv08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv
the throttle blade is fine to move as long as its not powered up, if key is off it should move easily and its fine to do but if u notice any resistance then i wouldnt push it, the temp sensor could be faulty if its showing a code and also changes the idle id look into that, if the temp reading changes it will change the fueling also when they fail they usually show -40 deg which will add alot of fuel and go OL
I replaced both thermostat and coolant temp about 4months ago both brand new. The temp is going from mid 80s down to like 50 then back up...im engeering.mode the only thing showing -40 is the trans sump