Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Q1: Why did you have the torque converter replaced (a few months ago) and have you had anythinge esle done just before this problem started (a few weeks ago)?

Q2: High kms?

Q3: Have you tried using Mk.1 eyeballs to check harmonic balancer and engine and transmission mounts for jellywobbles when vibration occurs.

samy83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V Wagon V6 Series 2
Q1: Why did you have the torque converter replaced (a few months ago) and have you had anythinge esle done just before this problem started (a few weeks ago)?

Q2: High kms?

Q3: Have you tried using Mk.1 eyeballs to check harmonic balancer and engine and transmission mounts for jellywobbles when vibration occurs.

hey mate. had to replace the converter because it had a crack so needed to be replaced as it was leaking oil nothing else was needed besides the regular servicing I carry out on it.

The wagon has 90km on it.

haven’t carried out either or #3

so I had the spark plugs changed which were due and appeared to have fixed the issue in the short term however the shaking started again the other day. It’s only when stationary and it isn’t consistent it comes and goes. I’ve had the tranny checked and is all in good working order.

When the shaking started again the other day I popped the hood and the motor was shaking like crazy for a good 30 seconds then just stops and returns back to normal. When I am driving no issue with shaking or vibration or anything like that…

any other help would be awesome

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
There's a clue in your response. Changed plugs went well for a bit. Problem now back. It's ignition related I think but yet you have not checked your coils!?

samy83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V Wagon V6 Series 2
There's a clue in your response. Changed plugs went well for a bit. Problem now back. It's ignition related I think but yet you have not checked your coils!?
Hey Trel I did mention the coils but mechanic said this comes up as an error on computer if coils are screwed?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m calling coils. Fixed the same thing in mine a few months back. Posted it too.