Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Calais wheel with Brembo 4 pot rear calipers.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Has anyone tried fitting Brembo 4 pot REARS to a VF2 with Calais wheels? Do they fit?
Heard contrary info saying only the redline wheels will fit. I know they fit the front, but not sure about the rear seeing they are a bigger rotor.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 20

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
They should fit, if they clear the front brakes.
Rotors are only 5mm bigger and use a slightly smaller caliper.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Has anyone tried fitting Brembo 4 pot REARS to a VF2 with Calais wheels? Do they fit?
Heard contrary info saying only the redline wheels will fit. I know they fit the front, but not sure about the rear seeing they are a bigger rotor.
Calais or SSV wheels with Brembo's, some say they fit, and others say they don't. Are some of the aftermarket Brembo calipers a different dimension than the genuine Redline calipers perhaps?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The 19 inch wheel type shown above will fit over the Brembo brakes. They were designed to work with the bigger brakes for both SSV (MY16) and Calais V. The SS in MY17 also had these wheels.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
The 19 inch wheel type shown above will fit over the Brembo brakes. They were designed to work with the bigger brakes for both SSV (MY16) and Calais V. The SS in MY17 also had these wheels.

I work with one of the engineers who was on the VF2 performance program at Holden and I asked him a while ago if the VF2 Calais rim would clear the Brembo calipers so I could buy one to run as a spare on the front or rear. He said they fit.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
SSV, Calais V V8 brakes are the same size from VE. The VF2 Calais/SSV wheels (pictured) weren't fitted to any with Brembo's.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
SSV, Calais V V8 brakes are the same size from VE. The VF2 Calais/SSV wheels (pictured) weren't fitted to any with Brembo's.
No they weren't fitted with vehicles with Brembo brakes but were designed to fit. I was going to get a couple as spares for my cars but ended up with a full set of MY15 Redline rims.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
I work with one of the engineers who was on the VF2 performance program at Holden and I asked him a while ago if the VF2 Calais rim would clear the Brembo calipers so I could buy one to run as a spare on the front or rear. He said they fit.
I hope very much that is the case. Love to hear from someone that could actually show me a picture of them in place

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I thought this as well. I haven't seen any pictures with VFs other than Calais and Caprice with these wheels. And SS non redlline. None had factory fitted brembos