Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS rotor replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I think it won't be long before someone gets another holiday handed out.

and "VS 5.0" you are spot on, all these newbies seem to want to flex their muscles.........we'll they'll learn quickly.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I think it won't be long before someone gets another holiday handed out.

and "VS 5.0" you are spot on, all these newbies seem to want to flex their muscles.........we'll they'll learn quickly.
Nah, just have to look what Shane-3800 and this vin999 came in on Sunday backing everything Shane has said from copper hammer and going after vc commodore to know they are the one person, must have a split personality or a imaginary friend. Hay its not hard to figure out the 2 are one, hay hey which either you want.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Trevor I didn't say anyone in particular !

I just implied that someone will end up going on vacation due to the aggressiveness of the posts being put up in this thread.

But in saying that, "if the cap fits wear it"

Sometimes we just have to be a tad more sensible and walk away from a fight and not stand up and wang your clanger.

index.jpg

Last edited:

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
Why are so many new members carrying on like total knobs ?
I am new and it is my first post and nearly everyone been talking about nothing to do with my OP!.....appreciate to those who answered my post btw.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Hey all,new here and just received a VS and the rotors are poop,found a video to replace front and seem simple enough-2 bolts on the caliper and swap rotor and pads etc, is it the same for the rear?or is there anything else i need to do.
Thanks ahead.

Not familiarized with the VS but worked on many different cars from different makers. All brakes work very similar, one thing that I found that is very common are the Rotors and Pads.

A very critical part for smooth braking, when you replace the rotor, make sure the matting surfaces are cleaned. Use a wire brush and penetrating oil. After so many year, crud and rust will build up. The rotor will not sit 100% straight and will wobble. That will transfer as a pulsation and/or steering shakes when braking. If you can, maybe an overkill, do a runout with a dial indicator. See how much wobble you get. The ideal is 0 but 0.005 or less is what you want to see. Did it on my VE/G8 after 90,000 miles and now at 145,000 miles, still smooth as silk.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I am new and it is my first post and nearly everyone been talking about nothing to do with OP.

Welcome to the world of forums. Once the question is answered a thread can go in 10 different directions.

crelok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series 2
Not familiarized with the VS but worked on many different cars from different makers. All brakes work very similar, one thing that I found that is very common are the Rotors and Pads.

A very critical part for smooth braking, when you replace the rotor, make sure the matting surfaces are cleaned. Use a wire brush and penetrating oil. After so many year, crud and rust will build up. The rotor will not sit 100% straight and will wobble. That will transfer as a pulsation and/or steering shakes when braking. If you can, maybe an overkill, do a runout with a dial indicator. See how much wobble you get. The ideal is 0 but 0.005 or less is what you want to see. Did it on my VE/G8 after 90,000 miles and now at 145,000 miles, still smooth as silk.
thanks,i will look into this.

Welcome to the world of forums. Once the question is answered a thread can go in 10 different directions.

thanks!-lol

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I use a wire wheel on a drill no need for spray as it just gets messy with the rust and crude, after its all gone then I lightly spray the surface and wipe it off with a cloth.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Why are so many new members carrying on like total knobs ?

Maybe the school holiday trolls are all on the loose ?

Internet troll.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Once the question is answered a thread can go in 10 different directions.

Just like any coversation IRL.

Next time you are talking to someone, reflect back and see what territory the conversation covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.