Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What i'm saying is that others already corrected my statement before you popped your head in and what you said wasn't so much a correction but rather the beginings of your occassional style of writing.

Starting with "you haven't played with cars much have you" set the tone for the rest of your "strange" dribble.

If you don't reply to any of my posts in future, well i wont loose any sleep.

Strange dribble...Sure....It is nice to help a person save an hour and a few bucks by pointing out where your error occurred....But nooo, you see it as being demeaning and critising...

Benji_john93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY One tonner S2 3.8L
Okay guys problem has been solved!

Bolted the starter back in today but left the small start wire off and turned the key, main fuse didn't pop and I could hear the starter relay click so it had to be the starter. I then (just to see what happens) decided to connect the small wire back to the starter and turn they key and the car started with no issue. The only thing I can think of was that when I removed the starter it did have a lot of oil on it (rear main is leaking) and where it bolts up/earths to. I degreased and wiped all the oil off the area before refitting the starter.

I am going to replace the starter anyway just to be safe.(there is also a crack where it bolts on, see photo)
and obviously get the rear main done asap.

Thanks to everyone for your help with fixing this issue, now I can finally enjoy driving my car again lol

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2330.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2330.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 143

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Good to see that you found the cause :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've seen a few starter motors over the years with oil inside from oil leaks. More often it has been cars with starters that sit under the oil filter adapter. It could be worth dismantling it and checking for dry old oil residue inside.
The oil inside can take out the starter and it then needs replacing.