Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy ss series 2 front and rear sump leak

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
hey guys just wondering if anyone has had this happen..

well i took my vy ss series 2 into holden for its second service since i have had it, got a phone call to say that i have a front and rear oil leak on my sump. they told me $1750 to fix it, seems a bit steep to me cause all they do is take the sump off put a new gasket on clean it up etc. they guy at holden also said its a common problem with the gen3 V8's. im no mechanic so it may be a fair price but im just finding it hard to believe its that much.

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
yeah i will for sure, im movin back to my home state in the next few days so i reckon i can find one of my mates who are a mechanic to do it and just buy a new gasket and oil and whatever else i need. thanks for the feedback guys

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
sounds a little steep, but probably not too much. I cracked my sump recently. they would probably be taking the whole engine out, replacing the sump, and putting it back in. about 7 hours of labour plus parts. and we all know a service by holden is gonna be twice that of anywhere else. but yeah does seem a little over the top. definatly go elsewhere.