Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel balancing and road force test

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
So the problem is still there, when the tyres are rotated? Just not as bad....
The vibration/wobble in the steering wheel went away when I did a tyre rotation.
ie: fronts (which had the problem) moved to the rear
Rears moved to the front.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think I can quote or post on the Bridgestone site.

I have offered them to test drive car 3 times.
I asked if I could get the local Bridgestone franchisee to have a look so I wouldn't be without my car (which I was for 3 weeks) but they insisted on sending the tyres to them. They initially were going to take wheels and tyres and try and match fit, but they didn't want the responsibility of damage to the rims in transit so they left them behind.
All it would take would be a test drive, to feel.the wobble, then tyre rotate to see it's gone.
Pretty simple and wouldn't take 3 weeks.
Shows they have no faith or trust in their local franchisees either.

It seems to me now to be nothing more than a palm off.
Unfortunately, you could go to Holden, but they will then they will re-send the tyre/s off to Bridgestone for the same test and come back with the same results. After all, there has to be proof of an issue...

For what it is worth, I don't agree with how Bridgestone have gone about this whole process..From my years of experience, a representative of the tyre company should front up, with you there and they should look at the offending tyre/s firstly on the balancer and if required, in the car, when you take them for a drive, to show what it occurring. I have even gone to the extent of doing an on car balance, with a representative present to show the issue....

Them saying, they won't have a rep come to you, is a poor show of customer service and quite frankly a cop out in my opinion....There is a Bridgestone sponsor with this site, so personally I'd post in there thread and send a message asking the question and see how they react from there

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unfortunately, you could go to Holden, but they will then they will re-send the tyre/s off to Bridgestone for the same test and come back with the same results. After all, there has to be proof of an issue...

For what it is worth, I don't agree with how Bridgestone have gone about this whole process..From my years of experience, a representative of the tyre company should front up, with you there and they should look at the offending tyre/s firstly on the balancer and if required, in the car, when you take them for a drive, to show what it occurring. I have even gone to the extent of doing an on car balance, with a representative present to show the issue....

Them saying, they won't have a rep come to you, is a poor show of customer service and quite frankly a cop out in my opinion....There is a Bridgestone sponsor with this site, so personally I'd post in there thread and send a message asking the question and see how they react from there
And your right, Holden would just refer it to Bridgestone. If they don't find a problem, Holden won't fix anything. I already asked Holden.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The vibration/wobble in the steering wheel went away when I did a tyre rotation.
ie: fronts (which had the problem) moved to the rear
Rears moved to the front.

I understand now....To me it definately seems like a tyre issue and am very surprised Bridgestone isn't doing anything about it....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don't think I can quote or post on the Bridgestone site.

I have offered them to test drive car 3 times.
I asked if I could get the local Bridgestone franchisee to have a look so I wouldn't be without my car (which I was for 3 weeks) but they insisted on sending the tyres to them. They initially were going to take wheels and tyres and try and match fit, but they didn't want the responsibility of damage to the rims in transit so they left them behind.
All it would take would be a test drive, to feel.the wobble, then tyre rotate to see it's gone.
Pretty simple and wouldn't take 3 weeks.
Shows they have no faith or trust in their local franchisees either.

It seems to me now to be nothing more than a palm off.

What generally happens with tyre issues is, a rep comes out and meets with the customer.....From there, the rep gets a worker to put the wheels on a balancer, so they can check out how much the tyre moves around....ie, from side to side and up and down by looking at the tread.

If the tyre movement appears fine on the balancer, they then go for a drive with the customer to take note of the problem that way.....ie, in your instance, the steering wheel rock.....From there, the wheels are then rotated and another test drive undertaken and a decision taken from there....

As for having faith or trust in their local franchise.....I wouldn't go that far.....Part of the reps job is to assess issues like this first hand, so they can fill out the relevant paper work for replacement tyres.

With the tyre market being so cut throat, I am very surprised Bridgestone have gone about this the way they have, especially with the way social media is.....Such a shame.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@KING46Calais V , as I’ve said, legally the entity responsible for providing a remedy to a fault is the selling business. And as VS 5.0 stated early in the thread, the selling dealer can’t fob you to a (tyre) manufacturer as such behaviour is illegal. The seller is the entity that need to take action to resolve the problem, full stop.

So the Holden dealer needs to diagnose the problem as it could be caused by a number of issues as is evident from the workshop manual I directed you to. Let Holden diagnose it and when they have isolated it to a tyre, as you have done yourself, there is no dispute the tyre is at fault. Also keep in mind that the workshop manual does not state to send tyre to Bridgestone for evaluation so challenge them if they try such crap. They, the dealer must take action to fix it. If the dealer doesn’t want to do their job in diagnosing your issue, it needs to be escalated to HCC and/or the dealer principle.

If Holden won’t fix anything, as you have stated, they must have a reason. I’m curious as to what their reason is though I suspect they are simply are trying to give you the finger. If so you need to push back.

State to the Holden dealer that they are legally obligated to honour your ACL statutory warranty on the faulty product they sold you. Their options are to fix it, replace it or refund the purchase price.

As is, you’ve struggled dealing with the wrong legal entity and lost the use of your vehicle for three weeks with nothing to show for it but frustration. So do it correctly and go to the selling dealer. If you have no luck, pay $68 and put it in front of the a small claims judge/mediator. You’ve had more than enough info from the tyre place to likely get a good outcome and possibly also recover the consequential loss of the useless wheel balances and wheel alignments. If you went down this path at the beginning, it would likely have taken less than 3 weeks to get a final answer. It’s not rocket science. It’s a small, trivial case worth what, around less $1k.

As is, the Bridgestone sub forum guy would likely be aware of this issue, just like the many other JC forum members, unless the Bridgestone guy lives under a rock - which I doubt. He should also be aware Bridgestone aren’t legally obliged to do anything because they never sold you anything. Only hope in dealing with Bridgestone now is if they feel they are gaining a bad rep because of their poor handling of this issue, else they send you some cease and desist letter. But don’t hope for Bridgestone’s embarrassment to provide a positive outcome.

Ps: I’m not trying to be harsh, just trying to get you focused.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
.... With the tyre market being so cut throat, I am very surprised Bridgestone have gone about this the way they have, especially with the way social media is.....Such a shame.
Yes, in this case Bridgestone seems to have exhibited a poor product quality focus that only serves to damage their brand.... such a shame and odd behaviour indeed when considering the trivial wholesale cost of new tyres o_O