Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel balancing and road force test

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Damn shame....I honestly thought Bridgestone would at least replace them to keep customer satisfaction....Looks like they don't care about customer satisfaction, through their head office
Just sent a "very disappointed" letter to them.
Interested to see if I get a response.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, here is the VF workshop manual which has the following sections:

<General Information>
<Description and Operation>
<Vibration Diagnosis and Correction>
<5. Vibration Analysis - Tire and Wheel>
and
<18. Tire and Wheel Inspection>
upto
<23. Tire and Wheel Assembly Isolation Test>

It's worth reading <description and operation> and <vibration diagnosis and corretion> sections 5, 18-23 as a minimum . Maybe skim the other sections. It should give you an idea of the complexity the issue.

Anyway, I use a PC and open the PDF within LibreOffice (free software) then i click on the bookmarks icon on the left of the window which opens an index i can click on to ope that section making it easier to navigate ;) Sadly the hyperlinks within the doc don't work :oops:

I've also had some minor vibrations but never had any dealer service tech follow such process using such equipment. In one case I could hear a whine but the tech couldn't hear anything however he was able to loudly pronounce that my concerns are "normal for the model"? One can only laugh at that o_O

But i'm in no hurry as these concerns have been logged already - customer to monitor or such :rolleyes: Gues I'm still to work through the often stated jc comments that with some dealers, repaired cars can come back worse than when it they went in :oops:
Yes I already have a copy of that. I'll have a look.
And it is a pity aboit the hyperlinks

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
No it doesn't get cold here, and def not cold enough for me.
Thinking I should have moved to Tasmania sometimes.

Yet I constantly walk around town in winter and people dress like they are ready to go out hunting seals.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a theory...
I have been looking up on Google the limits expected for tyres that are road forced balanced. I am yet to find any that are deemed acceptable around 10 to 11kg like mine are unless they are a truck tyre.
Goodyear told me that if tyres tested ended up with the readings my problem tyres had, they wouldn't allow them out the door.
Now, Bridgestone claim, they deem up to 16kg to be within acceptable range for my size tyre. If I am feeling a vibration or steering wheel movement at 10 and 11kg, what would one be feeling at 16kg?
Anyone think there is a chance Bridgestone has increased their range beyond what I can find with my own research, in an attempt to limit warranty claims?

I will be calling some leading tyre manufacturers in the next couple of days to see what ranges they have for their products and what they deem acceptable.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Anyone think there is a chance Bridgestone has increased their range beyond what I can find with my own research, in an attempt to limit warranty claims?

Yes and possibly highlights that they are aware their tyres may not be fit for purpose.

And this is where the suggestions made by @Skylarking remain valid, despite the denunciations of others.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's exactly the avenue I was looking at.
And while not being unappreciative of the advice given by sky, I didn't think it was necessary at that point of the issue. But it is looking to go down that road now.
I just intend to get everything in order and researched before doing anything formal in that respect.
While it may appear to be a straight forward argument, NCAT is not that easy. I've been through it before and the secret is to negate any argument they may have. Hence the emails to other manufacturers and the distributor of the road force machine itself before putting pen to paper.
The onus is on me to prove its unfit, not Bridgestone to prove it is.
But let's not get into a debate about ACL all over again.

If anything, it's shows the crap customer service from Bridgestone. Not only have they shafted me, they have completely crapped on the franchisee as well. I may be out of pocket several hundred dollars if I chose to replace the tyres myself, but the franchisee thousands in potential income over the next few years servicing the 4 cars I have in my family and the 2 my parents have.
They're clearly not thinking of the long game.

Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update
Bridgestone contacted me today. A rep from their legal section, that's right legal section, told me there is nothing wrong with my tyres and are within limits.

They also said no one else has had a problem with these tyres.

What a joke, I never said all the tyres were faulty only these ones. Just because no else has had a problem, doesn't mean I don't.
Advice....buy Bridgestone with caution. Obviously after sales is not one of their strong points.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still don't have an answer from them why when I move the tyres to the rear, the problem almost disappears.
And it's not the rims, I've had those tested and they are true.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Bridgestone contacted me today. A rep from their legal section, that's right legal section

Pre-emptive strike from HQ in an attempt to dissuade your from going down the path that they expect you to.