Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel balancing and road force test

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, sounds like an answer to your “very disappointed” letter and a pre-emptive strike taken straight from the Bridgestone “how to win customers and influence sales” handbook o_O

Sadly getting things sorted can be like playing cards; you need to know the facts of the game and not show your hand to quickly. In hind sight it could have been better not to divulge your road force balance measurement and see what they actually came back with after their tests.

In any case, it sounds like the rest of the tyre industry considers 10 kgs of road force difference to be outside spec for a quality tyre but such measurement are ok for a Bridgestone tyres.

Seems Bridgestone may not be the quality tyre we though it was if this is indeed their formal view. And if this view stands, I guess it very much sums up why I also won’t buy Bridgestone tyres for my cars going forward.

PS: guess we may find out how Holden plays their cards on this issue which will be telling of how they stand by their product and their customers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
PS: guess we may find out how Holden plays their cards on this issue which will be telling of how they stand by their product and their customers.

Holden will refer it back to Bridgestone and the results of the testing from Bridgestone

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Also just as likely the legal team reading this read.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
And answer this simple question

If the tyre isn't the problem, why is there a vibration in the front, that almost disappears when I rotate the tyres to the rear?

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Coincidence there is twice as much roadforce in the problem tyres than the tyres that don't cause a vibration?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yep, you know my opinion. Next step should be to get the dealer to look at the car and identify the cause of the vibrations which isn’t a normal thing to experience in a well looked after car. Then once the cause is identified by the dealer move forward from that point.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And answer this simple question

If the tyre isn't the problem, why is there a vibration in the front, that almost disappears when I rotate the tyres to the rear?

So the problem is still there, when the tyres are rotated? Just not as bad....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unfortunately, you could go to Holden, but they will then they will re-send the tyre/s off to Bridgestone for the same test and come back with the same results. After all, there has to be proof of an issue...

For what it is worth, I don't agree with how Bridgestone have gone about this whole process..From my years of experience, a representative of the tyre company should front up, with you there and they should look at the offending tyre/s firstly on the balancer and if required, in the car, when you take them for a drive, to show what it occurring. I have even gone to the extent of doing an on car balance, with a representative present to show the issue....

Them saying, they won't have a rep come to you, is a poor show of customer service and quite frankly a cop out in my opinion....There is a Bridgestone sponsor with this site, so personally I'd post in there thread and send a message asking the question and see how they react from there