Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Even on a motorway with clear markings on both sides of the lane, I have found the system to be less than completely reliable when testing it in a hands off situation, no rain and clear visibility. In my view the weaknesses of the system are such that it renders it operationally ineffective.

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II - Black Edition
Would I pay full retail for a VXR? Hell no, so I didn't.
I just committed to a VXR today (also not full price - nowhere near :). I currently drive a VF2 Black Edition. The VF2 is sounding tired after 60K kms.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I just committed to a VXR today (also not full price - nowhere near :). I currently drive a VF2 Black Edition. The VF2 is sounding tired after 60K kms.

I am really interested to hear your thoughts on the VXR after driving both back to back. I still haven't had the opportunity to drive a VF2 SV6 yet.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
When do you get it? :)

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 355 + VF Clubby W375 + ZB RSV
Just read through some old stuff from this thread and they’ve copped some flack. I’ve got a VF clubsport, a bit angry 355 VS and a VXR. All very different but all good to drive.
The VXR is just for cruising around not track days(you would buy for this reason anyway). I’m sure you’ll be happy with it. Wasn’t that keen on it initially but is nice to drive and the looks have grown on me. Especially from rear at the side...

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just read through some old stuff from this thread and they’ve copped some flack. I’ve got a VF clubsport, a bit angry 355 VS and a VXR. All very different but all good to drive.
The VXR is just for cruising around not track days(you would buy for this reason anyway). I’m sure you’ll be happy with it. Wasn’t that keen on it initially but is nice to drive and the looks have grown on me. Especially from rear at the side...
Thanks, Definitely softer than the VFII but it is euro. Picked up on Tuesday, enjoying all the tech.

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am really interested to hear your thoughts on the VXR after driving both back to back. I still haven't had the opportunity to drive a VF2 SV6 yet.
Yeah, The VXR is a softer car (did not try VXR mode yet). Very refined compared to the VFII SV6. The VXR is luxury and sports at the same time. Has lots of tech including Android Auto and Apple Car play which helps that I don't need to use the inbuilt nav.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
You really should try VXR mode out. It's one of the major reasons I didn't buy a RS-V or a Calais-V.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
VXR mode and another 100 kw's and these things would be a real weapon.