Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 VF Calaisv has no centre console light?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Great job
Thanks panhead, I can tell you it was a lot easier than fitting HJ taillights into an HQ!

A mate of mind put an HJ front end on his HQ years ago and he asked me if I'd weld in the HJ taillight sections in the quarter panels. What he really meant, would I cut the quarter panels out and do the whole job. I was about 19 at the time and although it turned out pretty good in the end, what a mission it was with the gear we had to do a job like that in those days and an oxy to weld it in.

Reactions: Lex

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Thanks panhead, I can tell you it was a lot easier than fitting HJ taillights into an HQ!

A mate of mind put an HJ front end on his HQ years ago and he asked me if I'd weld in the HJ taillight sections in the quarter panels. What he really meant, would I cut the quarter panels out and do the whole job. I was about 19 at the time and although it turned out pretty good in the end, what a mission it was with the gear we had to do a job like that in those days and an oxy to weld it in.
That sounds similar to when i had a friend put a rear passenger door and station wagon back seat in my HK panel van , geez what a fun car that was. Wish i had photos, had to cut the whole B pillar , gutter ,wheel arch and sill, the whole frame basically out of a sedan and weld it in the van

Last edited:

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I just watched a movie called Royal Hotel on Netflix It's an Aussie movie released last year.
It had a Holden panel van with a rear door fitted. I can't remember, but I think it was a HQ or HJ/X/Z.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I just watched a movie called Royal Hotel on Netflix It's an Aussie movie released last year.
It had a Holden panel van with a rear door fitted. I can't remember, but I think it was a HQ or HJ/X/Z.
Hi , i just checked it out , i just happen to have that movie on my Plex. There were some panel vans converted as ambulance vans and also post office vans but i dont think they actually had a back seat, mine did fold down though as it was a station wagon seat and had hinges , the side door was for access in the ambulance . For me, to put the back seat in mine was easy because the floor pan was the same as the sedan , it just had some ply floor covering it. i dont think that was true of later models .
Panel van door.jpg

Panel van.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Panel van inside.jpg

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Did it have a good exhaust note? I remember the HJ panel van on Mad Max 1 had a great exhaust note for the era!