Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2017 SSV Redline - No Rear Cupholders

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Series 2 sedans came without seat base cup holders. S1 & 2 wagons had them.
Series 1 had them in seat base. Just another case of cost cutting... Thinking of getting them fitted to my s2 redline sedan.
Does anyone know if a wagon back seat base will fit a sedan?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I believe it was dropped in the 2015 car i have a March 15 SSV without the cup holders in the seat bottom only in the centre seat folded down but the 2014 SSVR I test drove had them.

I can’t see why you couldn’t find the back seat bottoms with the cup holders at like a wreckers or something like that and fit them to your car.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I can’t see why you couldn’t find the back seat bottoms with the cup holders at like a wreckers or something like that and fit them to your car.

Good alternative, I'd like to know why Holden couldn't find the extra couple of bucks to keep this cheap, yet incredibly handy feature in the car..

I believe it was dropped in the 2015 car i have a March 15 SSV without the cup holders in the seat bottom

My CalaisV wagon was a September '15 build and it had the cupholders..maybe it was Calais specific by then, who knows?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Hmm. I'd like to know the answer to this too!
Keep in mind that if you’re looking at wreckers that the VF2 SS wagon also has the flip out cup holders in the seat base...doesn’t have to be a Redline

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Good alternative, I'd like to know why Holden couldn't find the extra couple of bucks to keep this cheap, yet incredibly handy feature in the car..
I'd never have realised we had cup-holders back there except for this thread (or others like it); if someone had presented to me a penny-pinching list of things to delete, this would be in my "would never have noticed" category.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I'd never have realised we had cup-holders back there except for this thread (or others like it); if someone had presented to me a penny-pinching list of things to delete, this would be in my "would never have noticed" category.
Well yeah, same here. When VF2 first came out I heard it was a deleted item so I never expected them in the SS wagon and only stumbled across them after I had it for 6months...mind you they still haven’t been used.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I also hadn't noticed the rear cupholders weren't there until this thread.
The kids are grown up so it's rare for anyone to use the back seat.
My grandchildren are still in child seats so when they are around it's easier for my daughter to use their SUV instead of changing the seats from one vehicle to another.
I can easily live without them though I can understand the penny pinching comments.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I also hadn't noticed the rear cupholders weren't there until this thread.
The kids are grown up so it's rare for anyone to use the back seat.
If I caught anyone drinking in my car, the blood from the wound I'd be causing would be a much bigger clean-up effort than any spilled drink … :)