Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

28 days until TUNE (advice on E85 and supporting mods please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
Lol. A 13.3 quarter. Sooo it does almost a bog stock time.

I don't know what point you are trying to prove here.

MAYBE THE DRAGSTRIP WAS READING HIGH

the point is that this is an independant comparison that was conducted on the same day, same driver, same strip (a controlled test)
and proves that I can feel the difference between cars.

FYI a cammed clubsport making 324.6kw did a 13.2 400m and a 5.2 0-100

why don't you spend some time researching instead of trying to shoot me down in flames and failing miserably.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
You're the one telling me to do research?

This is a ####ing joke right?

Stock VF will do the quarter in 13.6ish.

If you are saying a 324rwkw car did it in 13.2 (and the magical gmm car did it in13.3 with semis) I am calling bullshit on whatever dyno readings they've pulled out their arse.

Now before you start throwing around the do your research line. Maybe you should do some yourself so you wouldn't come across as the typical dyno sheet waving idiot that you appear to be.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What was the MPH and I'll work out the actual power of the car.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Being a turbo Ford guy, I find this all quite amusing. Arguments over a few kilowatts. and 13.2 quarters, do you guys pack a lunch for that.....

That said, I love driving my new VF redline and am in the process of a few mods. I like the torque of the V8 and the exhaust note is nice.

Interior and features shti all over the Ford.

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
You're the one telling me to do research?

This is a ####ing joke right?

Stock VF will do the quarter in 13.6ish.

If you are saying a 324rwkw car did it in 13.2 (and the magical gmm car did it in13.3 with semis) I am calling bullshit on whatever dyno readings they've pulled out their arse.

Now before you start throwing around the do your research line. Maybe you should do some yourself so you wouldn't come across as the typical dyno sheet waving idiot that you appear to be.

Like I said do some ( indepth current multiple source ) research and know what your talking about. If you know your stuff why are you comparing VE results with VF when should immediately realise that the electric steering in a VF results in less drivetrain loss ( between 5-10kw at the rears ) not to mention the latest more powerful ECM AND TUNE

this is a CONTROLLED test. Do I have to explain to you the many variables from dragstrip to dragstrip, driver to driver, temp, traction, especially in these manual cars, which if you didn't know are slower than auto 13.6 you are quoting.

case in point At the dragstrip: Commodore v Falcon

Last edited:

dsuth77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS A6 UTE
Being a turbo Ford guy, I find this all quite amusing. Arguments over a few kilowatts. and 13.2 quarters, do you guys pack a lunch for that.....

That said, I love driving my new VF redline and am in the process of a few mods. I like the torque of the V8 and the exhaust note is nice.

Interior and features shti all over the Ford.

same reasoning for my purchase

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
You're telling me now I can't compare the two because one is a ve?

You brought the times up not me.

Again who are you trying to convince here?

It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself you've been ripped.

I've tried to be helpful. I've posted how you should approach this. But you aren't willing to take any advice other than APS is rubbish.

I wish you good luck with your trip on Wednesday but I predict you getting laughed at in the tea room at lunch time followed by a loose strap special.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
gm motorsport = 178.92 km/h = 438hp

walkinshaw =173.54 km/h = 392hp

clubsport =185.3 km/h = 487hp
All flywheel hp. Factory is about 365hp.

Side note, who the hell works out quarter mile times in km/h :s

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
immediately realise that the electric steering in a VF results in less drivetrain loss ( between 5-10kw at the rears ) not to mention the latest more powerful ECM AND TUNE

Firstly about power distribution from the GenIV accessory drive:

Tensioner: ~0 kW
AC: 4kW (5hp)
Alternator: 5-6kW (7-8hp)
Water Pump: 10kW (13hp)
Power Steering: 2-4kW (3-5hp)
Bear in mind that all these values are approximate to start with and they are for max draw, an AC will draw close to nothing when it's not active, as will an alternator. Traditional water pumps will draw more power the faster they are spinning (so the higher the engine is revving). Power Steering pumps only draw max power when being fully utilised.
So to back a claim that the VE v VF travelling in a straight line one is more powerful because it has an electric motor to assist steering is daft.

Pray tell what is the VF 6.0's new ECU? And in what way is the tune any different to Series II VE?

Power is exactly the same as VE Series II (L77), which as stock is same in manual or auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.