Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adding CalaisV options to Redline?

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I beleive they are according to the sales brochure. It electronicially dims the rear view mirror if the lights on the car behind you are too bright. Well thats the basic way of explaining it! Sure someone will know the techinical details on it all.

My Volvo has this feature, as well as heated seats.
On a cold winters night with traffic behind you it is the better car to be driving

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Poor old Dad - read this https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/caprice-electronic-rear-view-mirror.237935/
There is also another link on post #11 on the above link, have a look at that too. Any other questions on it, feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be doing this.

RED LION - as stated, it automatically dims but the best bit is that it only dims as much as necessary, not "all or nothing" as my current one does (manually).
How and why

Last edited:

HoldenCalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais-V Series 2
I beleive they are according to the sales brochure. It electronicially dims the rear view mirror if the lights on the car behind you are too bright. Well thats the basic way of explaining it! Sure someone will know the techinical details on it all.

Do you know if the side mirrors also dim like other euro cars?

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I do miss this feature
I had it in my old Audi A6, dimming rear vision mirror and side mirror was nice. Especially when idiots drive with High Beams on or HIDS in standard headlights

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I do miss this feature
I had it in my old Audi A6, dimming rear vision mirror and side mirror was nice. Especially when idiots drive with High Beams on or HIDS in standard headlights

I was looking at Gentex in the US earlier (they're the big noise in mirrors) and I noticed they have dimming side mirrors as well. I'll email them and see if they can supply both for our "Chev SS's".

Edit: Gentex are OEM suppliers only. US ebay might be the go...

Last edited:

GXP25

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GXP
As far as I am aware, no Holdens have this feature

The Chevy SS driver side (LHS) mirror autodims.

The mirror is fed by the interior autodimming mirror once the interior autodimming mirror activates/detects a brightness difference between the front and rear of the inside mirror.