Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AIR INTAKE MOD COMPLETE - Better than 2-hole mod?

Alexs VT

VTs Kick Ass
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore 1997 VT Executive
How much extra power do u get when installing that in your car & how much is it????? thanks heaps

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Not much in a V6, you have a VT anyway, just leave the intake stock, it's already got an OTRCAI from factory that works fine on the NA V6

So your intake is FREEEEEE from Holden :)

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
when i had my vr i had a vt clubby body kit and had the fog light holes exended to put a pipe over it and removed my washer bottle and relocated to where the battery used to be then used a 3.5in hole saw to put a hole through and a enclosed box under the car where the washer bottle was put a k & n pod in there all water proofed and heat wrapped mandural bendt pipe to throttle body it made a huge differance to power and fuel was able to put dry ice ice in the box if needed i got my intake temp down from 75deg to 35deg depending on weather

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
did this to my car the other night, pvc pipe, from the side of my box, just under the bumper, works a treat, better top end, better fuel efficancy, and deeper exhuast noise,
cost 10 bucks, takes no more then an hour + drying, excellent,
didnt know that anyone else had the same idea!?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
did this to my car the other night, pvc pipe, from the side of my box, just under the bumper, works a treat, better top end, better fuel efficancy, and deeper exhuast noise,
cost 10 bucks, takes no more then an hour + drying, excellent,
didnt know that anyone else had the same idea!?

U mean induction roar! Doesnt change the exhaust note at all.

vtmanualv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD 3.8L
Modified my intake the other day, now have a ducting pipe running from the side of the airbox going in between the headlight and body of car, then running just behind the bumper on the passenger side in a corner mid height. Looks neat and cant see it unless u take the bumper off or try and point it out in the engine bay, its all hidden. Will paint the piping black soon so it will look like stock when pointed out.

So in theory, well hopefully, it sucks cold air from the bumper area yet it is still protected from anything as the bumper is there but its always going to be cold air, as on coming air hits the bumper and cools it down.

All this with a k&n filter, has a nice tone to the induction noise and feel abit of a difference. The test waits though when a warm day comes around.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
need to re-paint the pipe and possibley the box, might do it in that colour?

induction.jpg

induction2.jpg

induction3.jpg

sorry i did mean "inducion" noise

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
this bloke made 1 himself, looks like a good job, hes done a bit of work to my old car before.. i odnt know how it connects to the air box it didnt show a picture of it..

tp_mod18_3.jpg

tp_mod18_2.jpg

tp_mod18_4.jpg

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Wow, that's a long way of getting there :p what a HUGE length of pipe ^_^