Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AIR INTAKE MOD COMPLETE - Better than 2-hole mod?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
mainly because hot air from the engine gets trapped under the hood no matter where the 2 pipes are i.e. behind the headlight etc. so ur basically sucking in hotter air than you would with a factory setup. indeed ur sucking in more air however its more warm air. as the old cliche goes its quality not quantity so istead of going for more warm air i went with quality cooler air from below the engine bay. just remember hot air rises so the coolest point will always be the bottom of your engine.

Quality Wet Air....

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
Wow, that's a long way of getting there :p what a HUGE length of pipe ^_^

yea i know eh, but this dude does this as a job and been doin it for years and years

Monaro6

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS II SS
Hi Guys,

I first played around with a cold air intake with a EX SA Police VN Interceptor purchased back in 1990.

Popped some nice HM headers on, removed the factory intake and sealed up the retangular hole in the airbox. Used two 90mm rain water pipe (poly) and made two holes in the base of the airbox and body so they'd just show under the front spoiler where they were fitted with 90 degree elbows. Paint them black, so they dont show. These even gave positive pressure in the air box at 140kph+ and certainly made a difference at wide throttle openings down the highway.

Cool air is great, combined with a little positive pressure in the induction system works!

Cheers

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Nice unneeded bump.