Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Baby seats in VF Wagon

killabob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi all,
Does anyone have ideas on how best to mount the straps for baby seats over the rear seat "headrests"?
Currently once you tighten the straps it squashes the cushion around the headrest and I fear that after a while it will damage the them.
Could i just keep doing it and have them replace damaged seats under warranty?

Would love some input...

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Sedan is the same setup. Have had kiddy seats in my VE for nearly 2.5 years and no issues when I swapped cars for a few weeks. Foam seemed to pop back into shape under the leather.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Have had child seats in VE wagon for 3 years with no problems. Do take them out on a regular basis to clean everything and allow headrests to return to normal before refitting.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I'm not familiar with your setup, but if foam gets deformed over a period of time, take it out of the cover and a steaming from an iron or floor washer will put it back to the original shape.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The rear headrest in my VS was being squashed by the car seat straps for over 6 years. Removed recently and went back to it's normal shape.

killabob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thanks people, feel far less stressed about ruining it.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.. tighten them down
keeps tension on the straps and when you pop the seats out (for adults or a clean) the foam pops back (well it does on mine)

DruiD

Black is the new RED!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VF Calais-V
A little off topic... but /top tether/ really annoys me .. is the fact that even after 10+ years Europe and places have had ISOFIX seats & without 'top tethers'.. we finally get it passed in Australia - and hang on ... we STILL need the top tether. I am no engineering expert, or vehicle safety champion - so its not me to debate the have \ have not of the top tether - but that tether has to to be the single most annoying thing about putting in a car baby seat, especially for someone like me .. that takes there seats in\out ever few days to accommodate laying down the rear seats.

I have 3YO toddler, so I have a blanket\rug secured down either side of the seats to help prevent any little messes, baby seat buckled down and the top tether "Split" either side of that top head rest.
Guess I was lucky with my baby seat design to allow that split - not sure.. but its secure and has been properly checked by the ambulance fitters etc.

Now .. if only we didn't have that top tether.. I would have dropped many many more $$$$ into the Bank of Holden for some ISO FIX seats.