Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Down Sizing Wheels

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
The offset for Bathrust wheels are:
19x8.5 +35
19x9.5 +39
No problem with the rear wheels.
The name conjures up heavier wheels than stock to me :confused:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have weighed the forged VFI Redline wheels, they were 12kg.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
The HF20" weights 27kg and Bathrust 19" weights slightly less than 22lbs (10kg) Didn't know VF1 Redline wheels are forged, I shall have a look online if the new wheels don't fit.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
That's why I couldn't understand why Holden uses HF20' on my vf2 redline weights 27 kg...I checked up the chrome Vf redline 19" wheel on JHP website and it weights the same at 27 kg. Imagine having those wheels on the vehicle is equivalent of carrying an extra passenger (60+ kg) at all time. Perhaps Holden has given up fuel efficiency on VF2 V8 models?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Sorry guys, I weighed the VE series I wheels, not the VF wheels although I believe the VFI Redline wheels were also forged, they changed to cast wheels when they went to the black rims.
My VEI Redline wheels were 8.5" and weighed 12kg bare.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
That's why I couldn't understand why Holden uses HF20' on my vf2 redline weights 27 kg...

I am pretty sure you will find 27kg is with the tyre, especially if they are talking about the forged wheels.

they changed to cast wheels when they went to the black rims.

No the black VF1 wheels were still forged, the VF2 ones look different and are cast in Thailand. These guys and others still have some in both 8.5" and 9" brand new, I bought a complete extra set a while back because they are technically the best wheel put on a Commodore :

https://www.wheelking.com.au/wheel/437570

Here is an article stating these wheels were being flown from the US to meet demand on the Redline at the time and ROH was complaining they lost the contract (photo of Calais not correct, article states they are talking about US made redline wheels) :

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...t/news-story/a0a42e3ac7841da1e1524392b381ef21

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
The HF20" weights 27kg and Bathrust 19" weights slightly less than 22lbs (10kg) Didn't know VF1 Redline wheels are forged, I shall have a look online if the new wheels don't fit.
Yes, Alcoa drop-forged, each spoke is like a breaker bar #no-flex
Cast SS-V wheels became so buckled after 300k km that although appeared good nick of course had to disclose that on sale and highest bid was $50 the lot, sad to sell ma ol shoes but yeah they stink. #forgedforever
View media item 381View media item 380View media item 382

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Read this online, can it be true?

..Saving lots of weight per wheel and unsprung weight (weight that is not support by the car's suspension such as the wheels, tyres, brake rotors and brake callipers). Reducing unsprung weight on your car is of the easiest way to improve your car's handling, braking, and acceleration. As general estimate, 1 lb of unsprung weight is equal to 10 lb of static weight (weight that is supported by the vehicle's suspension) And with every 10 lb lost from a car equals added 1 hp, reducing your unsprung weight can have a profound effect on performance...

According to the above, every lb lost in unsprung weight = 1 hp gain? that's - 0.454 kg = +0.75kw roughly speaking, every kilo lost in wheel's weight = 1.5 kw gain in power. True or False?