Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
SOP for me is right after start turn off auto stop start and lane keep assist. I don't bother with selecting sport mode unless driving conditions warrant it.

Lane keep assist requires proper well defined lane markings to work reliably. When it has those it works well, but I find when it tugs on the wheel in situations where you need to get close to the side of the lane unnerving and this is mostly why I turn it off.

The sport mode function in the menu system as described by @StrayKiwi is present in the RSV.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The module i made to disable the stop/start on vehicle start i setup to remember the switch states for the lane assist and sports mode so i can have it automatically disable stop/start and lane assist and enable sport mode.

I have pretty much forgotten that the stop/start and lane assist exist.

I did not like either function when i first got the zb.

HungryFIG JAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 and ZB RS-V Wagon
Did anyone work out what the go was with the sub in the wheel well? Chucked a multimeter on the plug and there is nothing going to it. Taking it to the dealership later today to have them look at it

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Tell us what the dealer says. I'm not sure you'd detect much with a multi meter

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Did anyone work out what the go was with the sub in the wheel well? Chucked a multimeter on the plug and there is nothing going to it. Taking it to the dealership later today to have them look at it

Start the engine and try

HungryFIG JAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 and ZB RS-V Wagon
Start the engine and try
We tested with engine on and off, and nothing. The sub was fine, continuity was good, resistance was good, just nothing coming from the car side.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
We tested with engine on and off, and nothing. The sub was fine, continuity was good, resistance was good, just nothing coming from the car side.

When i tested my sub it made sounds like an engine while the engine was running.
I figured it has something to do with noise cancellation.

I initially took the sub out and connected an amp to its wiring and got no sound at all.

I ended up connecting the amp to the silverbox and just left that sub how it was.

HungryFIG JAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 and ZB RS-V Wagon
Yeah, just makes car noises. Bit disappointed for the wasted potential there.
I was hoping to run a line level converter to an after market amp from there, but I guess its time to pull the door trims.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I was hoping to run a line level converter to an after market amp from there.

that was what i was attempting to do.

you dont need to pull the door trims because the silverbox can be accessed easily in the drivers footwell.

this thread should help.

HungryFIG JAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 and ZB RS-V Wagon
Thats amazing. I'm just going to use some Jow T connectors and a little wire to a line level converter.

Do you find much rattle with all the plastic in the ZB? Or are you not pushing to much SPL?